Hypothetical black hole

neil

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 05:43 am
Suppose we have a very old black hole which has been ten solar mass for 12 billion years. negligible new matter captured/ very little mass in the accreation disk. Inside the event horizon, nearly all the matter and radiation has been captured by the singularity which has a diameter of one nano meter and is rotating at 100 rpm (likely much slower than typical) 1 much less hawking radiation than typical for ten solar mass? 2 very little radiation from accreation disk and jets? 3 detectable only if close enough to perturb outer planets of our solar system by its gravity = !/10 light year = 600 billion miles? 4 In the future the accretion disk captures Jupiter, shreds it and pulls it inside the event horizon. How long will it take for ten percent of Jupiter's mass to get inside the the one nanometer singularity. Don't figure Earth time, figure surface of singularity time which I believe is not effected much by the extreme gravity field of about one google g? Your wild guesses will be appreciated. Let's not discus if one nanometer is a reasonable diameter for the singularity, relative to the surface of the singularity. Neil
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 564 • Replies: 1
No top replies

neil

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 06:08 am
~I pasted this from my comment on the other black hole thread~
To an Earth observer a lot of things change at the boundary we call the event horizon. For the observer at the event horizon (assume advanced technology allows him to survive with negligible impact on the event horizon) nothing changes at the event horizon boundary IMHO (except possibly the options he has for direction of travel) Assume the conditions of my new question "hypothetical black hole" What is the observer's orbital speed in a circular orbit at the event horizon's radius, in the plane of the accretion disk? ~0.9c perhaps~ Neil
0 Replies