glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 07:29 am
@engineer,
He posts on FaceBook from time to time.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 08:39 am
@engineer,
Back then, he came out a bit flippant about the risks to the US democracy, indeed...
glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 08:49 am
@Olivier5,
Well back then, most people thought it was a joke. At first we groaned, then we laughed and groaned some more, then it became the unthinkable. Trump is the man you hope never comes to your Aunt's 90th birthday party.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 09:02 am
@glitterbag,
I don't know if I wrote about it here at the time, but my fear then was not so much about what damage he could do to the US political system, than about the damage he would do to the nation by empowering racist criminals out there to insult, protest and kill.

I changed my mind about the potential for political damage, BTW. All he needs to do to strongly impact politics in America is to nominate enough supreme court justices and other judges. The judiciary is an important branch of government in its own right.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 09:07 am
@Olivier5,
He's an embarrassment.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 09:28 am
@glitterbag,
He's a dictator in the making.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 09:54 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Well back then, most people thought it was a joke. At first we groaned, then we laughed and groaned some more, then it became the unthinkable. Trump is the man you hope never comes to your Aunt's 90th birthday party.

Actually.... I would enjoy seeing that!
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 10:03 am
It also appears increasingly likely that he will also win the next presidential election.
revelette1

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 10:12 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
The judiciary is an important branch of government in its own right.

Of which can't be emphasized enough, which fact should have been keenly felt by those Bernie or busters back in 2016 after the primary and Hillary won. They should have put aside their feelings and thought about the judicial branch.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 10:16 am
@georgeob1,
I am not as sure as I was just a few months ago. Mostly because of his erratic behavior has even been felt by republicans of late and because of the trade war and Bolton resigning or getting fired for them was probably just one more thing. Republican states must be getting worried because some of them are calling for doing away with their primaries.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 01:15 pm
@revelette1,
We'll both know late next year. However, our economy continues to do very well for all, and the investigative road ahead is likely to be very rocky for Democrats. Meanwhile none of the Democrat candidates so far has the look or aspect of a winner.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2023 06:21 am
@Robert Gentel,
I made my pledge not to vote for Hillary under any circumstances when she first ran in 2004 ( or was it 2008 ) . She attacked freedom of expression which gave us more V-chip devices. Then the second time around I wrote ( on another forum "If it would vote for the devil-in-flesh f she ran.". They tried to pull this "StarTrek:Voyager" ( Where the black Captain sacrifices himself in the previous 2008-2016 ) voting nonsense. So many people actually believed she was going to be president.

I am just reading the first comment on this thread stand-alone, along with the others. It is a joke. To me I would say "Let the clown dance". Because the clown actually was saying what we all wanted to hear, but obviously was all an act ( a setup ). The "Wall street protests" ( Where Obama bailed out the Market ) honestly was there for many reasons. The Unions and College debt holders, and people paying mortgage made it about money. The fact I was guarding my grandmother at the time before the protest you see these peers from college-wrrld marketing it as "equality". People that was maced, assaulted, and jailed by police all got paid big-time via class-action- lawsuits. Even magazines marketed and used the protest to sell products ( like love ).

This moron ( Former President ) paraded around the idea of "Deport the illegals and keep the good ones". Had a nice ring but when these deportees was all rounded up into one room inside a court it just looks silly. I mean why not actually get them on their crimes ( if any ) and actually talk about that. Yes I know there is poverty and inequality in Central and South America. As the mentality is hard-wired into children into adult-hood. However it is all one big machine ( like the productions of Morties in "Ricka nd Morty" or the environmental food factory by Mr. Burns in "Simpsons" ).
Mexico is a beautiful place and these people are wealthy who comes to the USA to party, live, and parade around like millionaires. They look nothing like there "Cross the boarder" or "Coming to America" counter-parts.

Nobody seems to realize the finite point. What I really and truly hate is how
media seems to attempt to use "Iraq and Afghanistan" as a crutch in the same way "Korea and Vietnam" was being used today. Even today in Vietnam people who can remember the mentality of the actual war and what that was about. ( people have been trying to invade vietnam since colonial-times ). Point being is that

Bush = damaged the economy with a war that could have been avoided.

Obama = Sent a drone to Pakistan that hit a funeral. Even during his time his cab was working on "Paying other nations to hold on to POW". Meaning if the

Trump = Tried to make USA wiggle out of the POW-terms. ( Any POW that has been on US soil has the right to become a US citizen. ) US soil which means any Embassy or property the US occupies. When he was attempting to "Deport" people he literally was talking about this policy.

Biden = Walking joke. This person was elected for stupid reasons because the previous president was. Him and C. was instrumental in making a more #@$#$#$ up law system.

Again it is hilarious
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2023 10:53 am
@PoliteMight,
I’ve taken it a step further.
I haven’t missed voting and educating myself ahead of them since achieving voting age, until last election. I finally realized I had reached the time of letting go of that responsibility (in retrospect, I don’t think we actually had it anyway, I don’t know who is pulling the strings but it probably isn’t any one on the ballot), so for the first time ever, I didn’t vote in the last election. It felt so good.
0 Replies

OldRhody

Reply Sat 13 May, 2023 07:33 am
@Robert Gentel,
You are just trying to get attention. Donald Trump and all who support him are amoral. They must be stopped at all costs. Please don't post comments you don't really mean. Thanks. Go in peace and make sure to support progressives. It is a fact, (see Pew Research Council survey), that 71% of all voters support progressive initiatives. The survey did not include any reference to political parties nor ideologies, it simply asked questions like, "Would you like to have national health insurance," and "Should working people have affordable daycare," etc.... Even radical right wing nut jobs indicated a preference for progressive policies. See, the problem is that people are tribal and follow their herds, so they predictably shout and wave their arms for the their own groups' beliefs, regardless whether good or bad.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 13 May, 2023 07:40 am
@OldRhody,
You're the one trying to get attention matey boy, you've dug up an eight year old thread in order to make some sort of grand impression.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 15 May, 2023 04:05 pm
@OldRhody,
Only ghosts in the machine. Just me and Izzy are left. And Izzy ain't too sure about me.
0 Replies