R E L I G I O N - WHAT FOR ?

manden

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 11:57 am
My perception : religions are manmade with manmade Gods .
Who has really recognized , that the real creator of the universe (more of him is not recognizable) really exists , WHAT FOR needs this one religion ? ? ?

manden

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 12:42 pm
@manden,
Much too high for people , who are not interested in the (true) God ?
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 01:07 pm
@manden,
Well, maybe religions are for nothing. Mayby they are humankind's attempt to objectify the subjective.
manden

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 03:27 am
@Glennn,
Do you think there is a real sense of this life ?
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 03:42 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Well, maybe religions are for nothing. Mayby they are humankind's attempt to objectify the subjective.

Nah, too abstract. Religions are about power, money and having forbidden sex in secret. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/icon_thumright.gif
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 04:18 am
Religion is PR and mediation for a god or belief system.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 04:25 am
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 04:58 am
There's a church in our neighborhood which has always been well-kept-up with regard to the landscaping, so the dogs and i developed the habit of taking a rest there while out walking. One day, Cleo kept trying to go in the side door, whenever someone would open it (there were busy folks there). I mildly scolded her, just as the preacher was coming up to the door. He said she was welcome to come in any time, except during services. I told him she was not a Babdist, and he laughed, and asked what she was, other than a dog. I said she was a pagan, because she worships her belly. He laughed again, and said he had always thought well of pagans, because it seems they have a due regard and care for the world. That guy was in the wrong business--he should have gone into a light-hearted profession.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 08:01 pm
@manden,
manden wrote:

. . . pursuing man-made goals, such as eating donuts and drinking coffee on Sunday morning together, cooking meals for poor people, singing in the choir, and shopping groceries for fellow members who are sick. And that's quite alright. I really like the communities religions can create, as long as they keep it down with the bullshit.
Glennn

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 09:13 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Nah, too abstract. Religions are about power, money and having forbidden sex in secret.

Alright, then maybe religions are humankind's attempt to objectify the abstract. Smile

Power, money, and sex, eh? Well maybe I've been too harsh in my criticism of religion. And maybe I never really gave it a chance to show me what it has to offer. Where do I sign up? Wink
FBM

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 10:05 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

manden wrote:

. . . pursuing man-made goals, such as eating donuts and drinking coffee on Sunday morning together, cooking meals for poor people, singing in the choir, and shopping groceries for fellow members who are sick. And that's quite alright. I really like the communities religions can create, as long as they keep it down with the bullshit.

I've had a few Korean girlfriends over here who were "Christian," but who, when asked, had never really thought much about whether or not that god actually existed. One told me that she just went to mass because it was a good time for her to have time to herself, away from her family. Another said that she went to church because it was the best/only place for her to connect with others. If there's one thing that I'd tip my hat to Korean Christians for, it would be their leading efforts to rescue North Korean refugees from China. Thought, to be honest, I suspect that it may not be as altruistic an effort as it sounds.
FBM

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 10:08 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
Nah, too abstract. Religions are about power, money and having forbidden sex in secret.

Alright, then maybe religions are humankind's attempt to objectify the abstract. Smile

Power, money, and sex, eh? Well maybe I've been too harsh in my criticism of religion. And maybe I never really gave it a chance to show me what it has to offer. Where do I sign up? Wink

Unless you've got a good start-up plan, you sign up at the bottom of the pyramid. You start out as fodder for others' plans, you see. Not many make it to the upper echelons. That in mind, if you've got a good start-up in mind, let me know. I don't care so much about power, but the other two...I think I could find something to do with them...
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 10:28 pm
@FBM,
FMB wrote:

If there's one thing that I'd tip my hat to Korean Christians for, it would be their leading efforts to rescue North Korean refugees from China. Thought, to be honest, I suspect that it may not be as altruistic an effort as it sounds.

Is it more along the lines of a business?
FBM

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 10:30 pm
@InfraBlue,
Highly recommended viewing:

BillRM

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 05:54 am
@manden,
Quote:
religions are manmade with manmade Gods

Footnote man made gods and the only gods that exist it would seems.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 06:15 am
@FBM,
Thanks a great video indeed.
FBM

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 06:24 am
@BillRM,
Pretty much sums it up, eh?
0 Replies

steve9

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 10:27 pm
@manden,
There was an already earlier posted post, that expressed many reasons why man made religions. human babies are self-programmed beings that are easily influenced into believing invented lies, believing lies for humans' entire lives. people who are aware of human behaviour take advantage of people's easy learning believe all that they're told.

http://able2know.org/topic/306664-1
why not spend some time reading my considered readings rather than ask questions.
0 Replies