No "friends of friends" nor "custom" or "+" option

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 11:10 pm
I try to find the "friends of friends" or "custom" or "+" option when I post/share something. I cannot find these options in my privacy settings nor when I am about to post/share something.

What I want to do is to share a foto album and I want the friends of my wife to see this album. When I do share that album on her timeline and I tag her in that album only her friends that are befriended with me can see it. I can tag her on each foto - then her friends that I am not befriended with can see the foto too. But I dont want to tag her on each foto of the album.

Please help!
Thx!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 530 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:48 am
@guycalledfrank,
2 things.

One is your own privacy settings (check the gear wheel, upper right corner). If your privacy settings are strict, you will not be able to expand them for just one photo album.

The other is the settings on the album itself. Again, look for the gear wheel.
guycalledfrank

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2015 02:12 am
@jespah,
Thank you for your answer - but I dont have a gear wheel. Nor I have a "custom" or "+" option. On the screenshot you can see my options:
My fb settings>privacy>whocanseeyourfutureposts:
http://i63.tinypic.com/33u5unr.jpg

My postings/sharings audience options:
http://i65.tinypic.com/28u3e38.jpg
clicking "more" I only see certain groups I am member of and not the option "friends of friends"

How do I select "friends of friends"?!?
Please help!!!
jespah

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2015 07:12 am
@guycalledfrank,
This likely does come as a dropdown from the gearwheel (but understand that Facebook constantly tweaks and tests its settings and this is why individual users see different versions all the time).

Choose public and you will get friends of friends. You may get others beyond that but the nature of Facebook is such that we're all being hit by a tsunami of data every single day. Your posts and pictures aren't going to go beyond the friends of friends circle unless your content becomes obscenely popular (hint: the chances of this are remote).
0 Replies