San Bernardino shooting: At least 14 people killed

izzythepush

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 07:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
One law for a lone right wing nutter and another for a lone Islamist nutter.
Lash

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 07:24 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I summarized the information shared in that article - and you did not.

If you would like to summarize the 50 pages, feel free.

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 07:25 am
@izzythepush,
Though that law actually was introduced to combat the RAF terrorists, it was indeed mainly used in trials against neo-Nazis, rocker gangs and Islamists (in that order).
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 07:27 am
@revelette2,
I don't need to wait for an organization to tell me when I can use the word terrorism.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 07:27 am
And.....another false flag!!!

How many false flag do we need before people wake up?!!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 07:30 am
@Lash,
Well, but you and yours don't mind that anyone on the terror watch list can continue to purchase legally guns.
Lash

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 07:33 am
Remember this complicated vetting process when the next "abortion clinic" is shot up. The shooter will have to be publicly approved by the parent terrorist organization...or he's just a troubled guy who might have had a bad day at work.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 07:34 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Wrong again today, Walter. You have no idea what my views about guns are. Why pretend you do?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 07:38 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
You aren't doing anyone a favor by denying facts.
To quote from another recent published (in print, November 2015) leaflet about refugees in the UK, by said organisation 'HOPE not hate': We need to tackle the anti-migrant attitudes, mostly caused by ignorance and myths, to ensure that new refugees are not just jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire."
Lash

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 07:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
And I think that is a vitally important endeavor, but doing it by obvious censorship of facts just makes the general public distrustful.

I'm becoming very concerned myself about the changing perceptions toward Muslims. People are becoming too weary of the constant but weakening rallying cry after every Islam-centered attack, "But Islam is a peaceful religion..."

This response is not only losing traction, but beginning to sound sarcastic.

I'm so sorry about the increasing tension in Europe. I wouldn't want to live in an area with a lot of Muslims. I'm sad to feel that way.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 07:59 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I wouldn't want to live in an area with a lot of Muslims. I'm sad to feel that way.
Well, I don't live in Cyprus or Bulgaria (the only countries in the EU with a larger Muslim population 25% resp. 14%), but as holiday regions those two countries are very popular.
But I do live in a very conservative Catholic part of our country: you get somehow used to it.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 08:03 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I wouldn't want to live in an area with a lot of Muslims. I'm sad to feel that way.

I love living in a multicultural area, my next door neighbour but one is a Moslem and he's a smashing fellow. I would hate having to share a country with a bunch of gun loving nutjobs like you who prefer blanket condemnation of a whole sector of society to actually finding solutions. Gun nuts like you voted for Bush and set this whole **** train in operation. And I know your views on guns after you waxed lyrical about your Glock. People like you need to own up to your role in atrocities like this.

Most Moslems are more like Mr Khan than the terrorists.

Lash

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 08:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I think the story on this one really bothered me. I didn't brood over it, but I catch myself thinking about certain facts related to this last attack:

He had a new baby. SHE was a new mother. He's been a pleasant and self-described "modern" Muslim...

He's been feted by friends at work in honor of his new child.

He'd been afforded leave time to bond with his new baby - but he used this time to construct bombs to murder his friends...

Most of the shots were head-shots. The easier shot is to the body. They were evil and wanting to destroy these people.

What seed of hate can be so deeply activated in such a previously decent, normal man?

Why does such a murderous seed of hate live in people?

I get people who've always had mental problems finally giving in to the nagging corrupted heart of who they are and have always been, but the activated and intense hate of the guy you bought a shower gift for two weeks ago and sat next to at a staff meeting yesterday...

Why did that murderous bitch get the wave through our immigration?

I read a report that said, in part, that this guy was known to be in contact with radicals in the ME.

I mean - if our gov't isn't looking for these things - what ARE they looking for?

Bad timing for Syrian refugees.

I don't want to fight on our streets.

I haven't mentioned this to anyone else - and I'm not going to begin using inflammatory rhetoric because I want to be part of the solution, not the problem, but if reasonable people like me are feeling a change toward this situation, I know I'm not the only one.

I guess this is why America is cited for sending 37 million pounds toward the anti-immigrant groups in the EU. Seems like several American groups and individuals are hoping the ground war will take place in the streets of the EU rather than here.

This is a horrifying prospect.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 08:25 am
@izzythepush,
During half-time, I've looked at the physicians at our two local hospitals: both have about 1/4 with at least Muslim names, the Evangelical has two Muslims as deputy chief heads of departments (I know them), the Catholic one. The others are on a lower level.
Lash

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 08:28 am
@Lash,
hahaha! JTT! I knew I smelled something!
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 09:45 am
http://www.davidicke.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Untitled6.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 10:58 am
@Lash,
You really are ******* stupid. JTT and I had a massive falling out. You need to deal in something more substantive than your own warped imagination.

It just proves you've got nothing to say.

izzythepush

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 11:01 am
@Walter Hinteler,
If you alienate any community you stop people coming forward with information. They're scared that they'll be implicated through association so they just keep their heads down.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 01:47 pm
@izzythepush,
You really missed an opportunity to bond with a like mind. You two are such twinsies!! JTT really is Izzythepush! Stop playing! LOL
revelette2

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2015 02:47 pm
Quote:

Islamic State said on Saturday that the married couple who killed 14 people in a mass shooting in California which U.S. authorities are investigating as an act of terrorism were its followers.

The militant group made the statement in an online radio broadcast three days after U.S.-born Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and his wife Tashfeen Malik, 29, from Pakistan, attacked a holiday party for civil servants in San Bernardino, about 60 miles (100 km) east of Los Angeles.

The pair, who had left their six-month-old baby daughter with relatives, were killed two hours later in a shootout with police.

Officials with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, which is leading the probe into the Dec. 2 shooting, said Malik and her husband appeared to have been inspired by foreign militant groups, but that there was no sign they had worked with any of them or that Islamic State even knew who they were.

If the mass shooting proves to have been the work of people inspired by Islamist militants, it would mark the deadliest such attack in the United States since Sept. 11, 2001.

U.S. President Barack Obama's team said on Saturday it has not yet found evidence that the couple was part of an organized group or broader terrorist cell.

There were, however, "several pieces" of information that "point to the perpetrators being radicalized to violence," the White House said in a statement.

If that turned out to be the case, Obama said in a radio address, "it would underscore a threat we've been focused on for years, the danger of people succumbing to violent extremist ideologies."

Islamic State also claimed responsibility for a Nov. 13 series of attacks in Paris in which gunmen and suicide bombers killed 130 people.

"Two followers of Islamic State attacked several days ago a center in San Bernardino in California," the group's daily online radio broadcast al-Bayan said on Saturday.

source

0 Replies