I can't log in to business page without personal page details

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 09:20 am
I logged in to my business page on a laptop(first time for a while, I manage it from my phone)
I am now logged out on all devices and a message says I need to use my personal page login details to login from now on. It also says I can no longer login using the usual email address.
The problem is I don't have a personal Facebook page and never have had one so I can't find any way to login. I have emailed Facebook with no reply.
Hard to find a solution for because it seems that not many people who have a business page have never had a Facebook page.
Help would be greatly appreciated
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 373 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 09:51 am
@Ricardo77,
You need a regular old human being account. I'm surprised you could make a business account at all. Facebook does not want individual accounts for businesses; it wants you to use pages or groups as the metrics are considerably more robust.

Facebook has likely seen its error and is fixing it.

Make a personal account for your real live name, e. g. Ricardo Smith or whatever your name is. Keep it private and set all the privacy settings as strict as you can make them (use the gear wheel in the upper right corner and follow directions) if you don't want to be bothered there. Make that account an admin on your business group or page and you are good to go.
0 Replies

Ricardo77

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 02:41 pm
Thank you for your reply, I have created a personal account but how do I make my new personal page an admin for my business page when I can't log in to my business page?
Thank you in advance
0 Replies

Ricardo77

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 02:55 pm
I have managed to claim the page under my new personal Facebook page, thank you very much for you help.
jespah

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 03:13 pm
@Ricardo77,
There ya go. My pleasure. Smile
0 Replies