Al Qaeda

TPS

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 06:25 pm
I'd like a bit of discussion as to Iran's possible role in the continued unrest in Iraq. Is there any hard evidence that Iran sponsors terrorists?
Another question rises: What progress is being made in tracing the HQ of the kidnappers? Could tracking devices be used?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 803 • Replies: 5
No top replies

bermbits

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 03:06 pm
Indirect answer
The July 2004 "Harper'" magazine has a disturbing interview with a suspected Al Qaeda member in London("The Time of Kiling"). While I don't pretend to understand the big picture, it seems radical Islamics are the problem and not specific countries (unless the entire countries and not just the leaders fully support such, in which case I would support turning the whole country into a full desert). They feel that "Western culture is nothing more than entertainment." Their goal is nothing less than to return the whole world to Islam.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 03:21 pm
"Western culture is nothing more than entertainment." We'll keep you entertained alright.

http://www.crrange.com/boeingproducts.jpg
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 03:24 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 03:25 pm
Iran has a huge interest in what happens in Iraq.

The US occupation is both a threat and an opportunity.

The US is a rival who calls Iran part of the "Axis of Evil". Iran certainly does not want the US military, or a US puppet government, next door. Iran wants the US to be kicked out of Iraq before it can establish a pro-US government.

The US invasion put Iran in a much better situtaion in the world. Iran knows that the US will find it very hard to launch another military attack. It simply doesn't have the political capital (domestic or international) and we are strained in men and resources.

This is why both Iran and North Korea are taking this opportunity to advance their nuclear programs. They wouldn't have dared before the Iraq invasion.

We have also done Iran the favor of getting rid of their biggest rival in the region. With Iraq in disorder there is a large chance that the majority Shia (who mainly support the Shiite government in Iran) will come out with a great deal of power.

Just like the US and any other country, Iran is going to pursue its national interest.

Bush has made it a whole lot easier for hardliners who currently control Iran.
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 08:28 pm
This doesn't directly answer the question, but it connects. The link leads to an interview that was in Harper's last month. It scares me; see what you think.

http://www.clubcobra.com/t55918.html
0 Replies