Does "administers a researcher exchange" refer to...?

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 09:45 am
Does "administers a researcher exchange" refer to "supervises a meeting in which researchers from academies of other countries exchange their opinions or information"?

Context:

According to its official website, the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences "administers a researcher exchange with academies in other countries and publishes six scientific journals. Every year the Academy awards the Nobel Prizes in Physics and Chemistry, the Bank of Sweden Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel, the Crafoord Prize and a number of other large prizes".[8]

More:

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
dalehileman

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 11:28 am
@oristarA,
Ori I can't find the phrase in your link

Without the link however I'd assume the countries are actually exchanging bodies
oristarA

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 08:51 pm
@dalehileman,
Hi Dale, check out the link and you'll find it:
http://www.speciation.net/Database/Companies/Royal-Swedish-Academy-of-Sciences/-;i943a-1
0 Replies

InfraBlue
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 11:22 pm
@oristarA,
Researchers are exchanged between academies for research and study.
oristarA

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 06:26 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Researchers are exchanged between academies for research and study.

Thanks.
Why does the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences want to administer such an exchange, I wonder? Isn't their main task to select Nobel laureates?
dalehileman

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 12:02 pm
@InfraBlue,
Infra, scanning the link above it still isn't 100% clear whether they exchange just papers or also people
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 12:13 pm
@oristarA,
I think that the Nobel Prize is secondary to what they do, although it's much more known.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 12:14 pm
@dalehileman,
I was going be the word "researcher"in my reply, "a researcher exchange," not "a research exchange."
dalehileman

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 12:27 pm
@InfraBlue,
Yes Infra, its construction strongly suggests an exchange of bodies
0 Replies