Fulfilled Biblical Prophecies

Yoda

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 02:51 pm
Isaiah 66:7-8
"Before she goes into labor, she gives birth; before the pains come upon her, she delivers a son. Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children."

In Isaiah 66:7-8, the prophet foreshadowed the re-birth of Israel in 1948. Isaiah describes a woman giving birth before going into labor, and he speaks of a country being born in one day. This accurately describes what happened on May 14, 1948 - when the Jews declared independence for Israel as a united and sovereign nation for the first time in 2900 years.

During that same day, the United States issued a statement recognizing Israel's sovereignty. And, only hours beforehand, a United Nations mandate expired, ending British control of the land. During a 24-hour span of time, foreign control of the land of Israel had formally ceased, and Israel had declared its independence, and its independence was acknowledged by other nations. Modern Israel was literally was born in a single day.

Isaiah said the birth would take place before there would be labor pains. And that too is precisely what happened. A movement called Zionism began in the 1800s to encourage Jews worldwide to move to Israel, which at that time was called Palestine. Within hours of the declaration of independence in 1948, Israel was attacked by the surrounding countries of Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Saudi Arabia.

When reading Isaiah 66:7-8, keep in mind that Israel's status as a sovereign nation was established and reaffirmed during the course of a single day, and that it was born of a movement called Zionism, and that its declaration of independence was not the result of a war but rather the cause of one.

Leviticus 26:3, 7-8
"If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, … You will pursue your enemies, and they will fall by the sword before you. Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you."

In Leviticus 26:3, 7-8, the Bible says that the army of Israel would have a supernatural power to prevail during times of conflict, if the people are obedient to the Lord. This Bible passage says that 5 people would be able to chase away 100 people, and that 100 would be able to chase away 10,000. Is there any proof to this incredible claim? Judge for yourself:

Example 1: Within hours of Israel's declaration of independence in 1948, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, and Lebanon invaded Israel. The combined population of those countries was at least 20 million at that time. Israel had fewer than 1 million Jews. Even so, the Jews won the war and expanded the size of Israel by 50 percent.

Example 2: During the War of 1967, Israel attacked the air force bases of the surrounding countries and took control of Jerusalem for the first time in about 2000 years. They also seized additional territory. That war lasted a mere 6 days.

Example 3: On Oct. 6, 1973, Israel was attacked by Egypt and Syria. Other countries later joined the attack. But the Jews were able to push back the attacking armies and occupy land outside of Israel's borders.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,284 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 05:33 am
I would suspect that for every "prophecy" that has been fulfilled, there are many that haven't. The Bible is a very literary work. One can find many "meanings" in its passages, according to the reader's point of view.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 05:45 am
Thou shalt stumble, though thine eye be on the prize.
0 Replies

Yoda

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 08:37 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I would suspect that for every "prophecy" that has been fulfilled, there are many that haven't. The Bible is a very literary work. One can find many "meanings" in its passages, according to the reader's point of view.

That would be a good assumption, if you only compared your judgment of prophecy to that of other prophets such as Nostradamus. If you took the time to actually read the prophecies of the bible and studied history, you would come to learn that the bible has always been accurate in prophecy.

There are many prophecies being fulfilled today, and there are only a few more to yet be fulfilled.

I did copy & paste these from another site, http://100prophecies.org/ same with my first post. “I apologize for forgetting to state that earlier.” I’ll go look through some of my old studies to see what I can find.

Ezekiel 29: 13-15
"Yet, thus says the Lord GOD: "At the end of forty years I will gather the Egyptians from the peoples among whom they were scattered. I will bring back the captives of Egypt and cause them to return to the land of Pathros, to the land of their origin, and there they shall be a lowly kingdom. It shall be the lowliest of kingdoms; it shall never again exalt itself above the nations, for I will diminish them so that they will not rule over the nations anymore.

Written: between 593-571 BC
Fulfilled: 1967, etc.
In Ezekiel 29:15, the prophet says that Egypt would recover from a desolation (perhaps Babylon's attack about 2600 years ago), but that it would never again rule over other nations. Up until the time of Ezekiel, Egypt had been a world power for centuries, dominating many nations, including Israel. But for most of the past 2500 years, Egypt has been controlled by foreign powers, including the Romans, Ottomans and Europeans. Today, Egypt is an independent nation again. In 1948, 1967 and 1973, Egypt tried to dominate Israel but was unsuccessful each time, despite the fact that Egypt is 10 times larger than Israel. Egypt today, in many respects, is an impressive nation. But since the time of Ezekiel, it no longer rules over other nations.
0 Replies

Cyanure

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:10 pm
Quote:
In Isaiah 66:7-8, the prophet foreshadowed the re-birth of Israel in 1948. Isaiah describes a woman giving birth before going into labor, and he speaks of a country being born in one day. This accurately describes what happened on May 14, 1948 - when the Jews declared independence for Israel as a united and sovereign nation for the first time in 2900 years.

These people are really amazing...

http://ukar.org/beck.jpg

Take a look at what these pious Jews have written. And please take a look at what the 4th person from left has written:

Jews are forbidden to have their own state before the coming of Messiah

One of the criteria of Ha Moshiach according to Hebrew Scripture:

Ha Moshiach himself must gather the Jewish people from exile and return them to Israel.
However these people run in the wrong direction an established Israel before the coming of Ha Moshiach and naive people followed them.

That's why many Judaic movements are anti-Zionists like Satmar, Jews Not Zionists, Neturei Karta, Central Rabbinical Congress of the United States and Canada (CRC), Sefaradic Rabbinical High Court, Rabbinical High Court for all Ashkenazic communities... consider the state of Israel as illegal and shouldn't exist.

Quote:
We the undersigned have met on the date indicated below, and wish to announce publicly that after a careful examination of the issues we have arrived at the following determination that:
Zionism is absolutely and totally forbidden by our Torah
Zionism has proved itself to be a false ideology that is very far from the faith of our Torah. Zionism is extremely dangerous and destructive to our religion.
Therefore, we request and admonish every person who still retains a spark of Judaism within his heart:
DO NOT GO IN THE WAYS OF THE ZIONISTS, KEEP AWAY FROM THEM BECAUSE THEIR ENTIRE WAY IS EVIL.
It is forbidden to associate with this sect, to support them in any way whatsoever!
As far as we are concerned this issue is of extreme important and affects the spiritual and physical existence of our People, and shall be presented to the national assembly of the Orthodox Bureau, who will analyze this matter.
Therefore, every intelligent person must realize that it is forbidden to attend any of the assemblies held by the Zionists whatsoever!
May those who listen to us be blessed.

City of Desh, Hungary - Wednesday, June 2, 1920

Rabbi David Greenwald
Rabbi of Ober-Vishewe
Rabbi Yehezkel Panet
Rabbi of Desh
Rabbi Chaim Zvi Teitelbaum
Rabbi of Siget
Rabbi Avraham Y. Freund
Rabbi of Nassed - Enterdam
Rabbi Shaul Brach
Rabbi of Krule
Rabbi Shlomo Zalman Ollman
Rabbi of Bistritz
Rabbi Yaakov E. Panet
Rabbi of Marosh-Ivar
Rabbi Yisrael Freund
Rabbi of Sasregen
Rabbi Moshe D. Teitelbaum
Rabbi of Laposh
Rabbi Menachem Sofer
Rabbi of Aroshwoshorhel
Rabbi Avraham S. Katz
Rabbi of Nimize
Rabbi Avraham S. Eliash
Rabbi of Samash-ivar

Please post in all synagogues!

Quote:
We furthermore wish to express our definite opposition to a Jewish state in any part of Palestine.
(STATEMENT TO THE U.N. SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON PALESTINE July 16, 1947 by Chief Rabbi Yosef tzvi Dushinsky)

(PS: Zionism here means the followers of Theodor Herzl the founder of the Zionist political movement in 1800's)
0 Replies

dazedandconfused

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 12:00 pm
Well, much like Nostradamus' prophecies, they are only later "discovered" after events happen that could be construed a certain way. That is, where were these Nostradamus people on 9/10? Where were they back in the 30's during the rise of Hitler? The fact is that people who point to such texts never predict anything significant. In fact, the creation of Israel was a self-fullfilled prophecy. The reason it was created was in part because of what the Bible said. Now, if after Israel was created we found a carbon dated copy describing its demensions (that was not in the Bible) I would be convinced.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 01:43 pm
If the State of Israel was founded on secular grounds, how can Jews against Zionists focus on the religious aspect?
0 Replies