Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 02:11 pm
I have had friends with various pains, head aches, back pain, general pains from growing old. When holding or touching them their pains vanish.

They have asked me how I do it. My answer is, "I did not, you did"

So who provides the healing, the person who needs the healing, or the other person?

How many people have been able to HEAL?

Is this my gift or is the reception of the healing the gift of the healed?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,374 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Yoda

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 02:43 pm
If this is true, then it is a gift from God, give Him the glory and your gift will abound. I do believe that there are some people who are given this gift, but I don’t believe in everyone who claims it can.

There is no bigger turn off for me these days then when I hear a preacher shout “BE HEALD!” then slap someone on the forehead and see that person start flopping like a fish outa water. Confused
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 02:57 pm
Yoda,

God is in my life, and the people who have shared this with me know that I do not claim the glory. Thanking God for life is a part of my daily life,
The question better asked would have been, is this a gift God has provided me, or is this a gift that God provides to the one who has been Healed?

I have always told my friends that the healing was their reception of the healing provided by God, not something that I have done.

Someone once offered my money for healing, and I said, I can not receive payment for something God has provided.
0 Replies

Yoda

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 03:07 pm
In your first post, you didn’t mention God, so I didn’t know where you where coming from.

Do you ask the person if they have faith in God or faith in His healing? Do they have faith in which your touch is able to heal them? You see, none of this had been expressed. When you say, “It was not I, but you” for their healing miracle, you lacked information and enabled the readers a vague explanation.

By your words, nothing was said of faith, so in a sense, it is easily conferred that you did the healing. But if their faith had been written to be of God, then it was their faith in God that had healed them.
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 04:20 pm
You may want to check out Reiki. It's healing by laying on the hands. I'm trained in it. My mom is a reiki master. It's not based in any particular religion. A christian monk discovered it when a light hit him in the forehead on top of a sacred mountain while he'd been fasting and studying ancient sanskrit texts and dancing and chanting etc etc for about a month.

He opened up a clinic and began healing people for free, but then they would stop taking care of their problems and just come to him when things got bad, so he started charging them. It's pretty popular nowadays. He researched it because one of his students asked him what the healing method was Jesus used, and he couldn't demonstrate.

http://reiki.7gen.com/

I googled and that was the first thing.

The idea is not that the healer or the healee heals, but that the healer becomes a conduit through which the universal energy can restore the proper order and balance in the individual. They say one should be in the right frame of mind, or s/he can take on the disorder of the patient.

Dauer

Oh, and faith plays no part in this. Anyone can be healed. And the healer doesn't need to believe in any particular deity or anything. But some of the history and literature may help to answer your questions.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 04:49 pm
Yeah, I was just gonna mention Reiki(thanks dauer), basically anyone can learn and use it.
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 05:02 pm
Sometimes when touching friends I feel pain in the area of my body where they are feeling pain. After resting for a brief time the pain vanishes. Thanks for the link, I will check it out.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 05:55 pm
Like the guy in the "Green Mile"!
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 06:31 pm
Justthefax wrote:
Sometimes when touching friends I feel pain in the area of my body where they are feeling pain. After resting for a brief time the pain vanishes. Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

Wow! I didn't know you posessed that special ability JTF. Cool

For future reference, do you make house calls? (I might need to utilize your special abilities the next time I'm suffering from a migrane headache).
0 Replies

Upintheairjrbird

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 07:46 pm
Sometimes when I am Upintheair floating around, I wonder why do people walk.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 08:19 pm
Resurrection
This reminds of a 1999 movie entitled Resurrection starring Dana DeLany. It just aired again, yesterday, on Lifetime for Women.

http://www.lifetimetv.com/movies/info/move3239.html
0 Replies

Lekatt

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:20 pm
Re: HEALING
Justthefax wrote:
I have had friends with various pains, head aches, back pain, general pains from growing old. When holding or touching them their pains vanish.

They have asked me how I do it. My answer is, "I did not, you did"

So who provides the healing, the person who needs the healing, or the other person?

How many people have been able to HEAL?

Is this my gift or is the reception of the healing the gift of the healed?

I will tell you what I think happens.

People who are kind, compassionate, and loving beings toward their fellow man build up spiritual energy in excess of their own needs. When they come into contact with a person who needs this excess energy it transfers to them. This energy is love, as in God is love. It is a healing force that cures their problems, for awhile, or forever depending on other factors.. Both the giver and the receiver must be willing (consciously or subconsciously) for this exchange to take place.

Remember when Jesus said He felt the vitality leave Him at the touch of the woman with female problems. He told the apostles to go and heal, this they would do as He did.

Love
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 01:33 pm
Re: HEALING
Lekatt wrote:
I will tell you what I think happens.

People who are kind, compassionate, and loving beings toward their fellow man build up spiritual energy in excess of their own needs. When they come into contact with a person who needs this excess energy it transfers to them. This energy is love, as in God is love. It is a healing force that cures their problems, for awhile, or forever depending on other factors.. Both the giver and the receiver must be willing (consciously or subconsciously) for this exchange to take place.

Remember when Jesus said He felt the vitality leave Him at the touch of the woman with female problems. He told the apostles to go and heal, this they would do as He did.

Love

Your answer to JTF questions are beautiful. Love is the key.
0 Replies

Lekatt

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 02:00 pm
Thanks doglover, for the compliment.
Love heals all.
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 06:36 pm
Thank you,

Yes LOVE is the key.
0 Replies