U.S. Hikes Terror Alert Level for Financial Institutions

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 12:39 pm
Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge raised the threat alert level Sunday for the financial sectors in Washington, D.C., New York and northern New Jersey.

What do you think about this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 647 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 12:42 pm
From what I understand, there has been credible evidence that al Queda is targeting financial buildings in NY, Northern New Jersey and Washington.

I think that he did what he had to do.....keep the public informed!
0 Replies

newsbreaker

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 12:48 pm
true, very true... if Tom Ridge and G.W.Bush didnt rase the alert level to HIGH the public would have got pretty mad if something happens and they where not told about it... plus this way telling the public will hopefully throw the terrorists off track..
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 12:52 pm
Here is some more information:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/08/01/terror.threat/index.html

Quote:
The potential targets include the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank in Washington, Prudential Financial in northern New Jersey and the Citigroup Building and New York Stock Exchange in New York, Ridge said.

Ridge said the plans appeared to include car and truck bombs -- "the attempted physical destruction of these facilities."

I understand that Mayor Bloomberg of New York, as well as the police chief, will have a news conference at 4PM today.
0 Replies

newsbreaker

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 12:55 pm
It will be very interesting to see what they have to say at 4pm
0 Replies

newsbreaker

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 12:58 pm
Also it will be interesting to see how the stock markets will react tomorrow when they open, with the treat being in the financial part of the city.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 01:03 pm
Oh boy- Your remark made my stomach do flip-flops! Sad

Anyhow, welcome to A2K! Very Happy

I was so involved in this whole terrorist thing that I forgot to greet you properly. Enjoy!
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 05:34 am
Re: U.S. Hikes Terror Alert Level for Financial Institutions
newsbreaker wrote:

What do you think about this?

well, to swing the election....

Now:
Pakistan says plans for attacks on US targets found on al-Qaeda suspect's computer.

enough is enough. That´s already ridiculous.
0 Replies