. . . . . http://fp.thebeers.f9.co.uk/images/MeinKampf1995.jpg

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 810 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Thok

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 12:20 am
How now? well, your statement? Or moderator please delete...
0 Replies

abu afak

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 12:35 am
What's your problem Thok?

This is a Fact... reported by Agence France Presse.
France is very tough on hate speech.. and they reported this.

http://www.freeman.org/m_online/oct99/meinkampf.htm

""ADOLF HITLER'S MEIN KAMPF IS BEST-SELLER
AMONG THE PALESTINIAN ARABS

NEW YORK- Adolf Hitler's autobiography, Mein Kampf, in which he explains his virulent hatred of Jews, has made it to the best-seller list in the Palestinian Authority-controlled territories. The French news agency, Agence France Presse, reports that Mein Kampf is presently at number six on the PA best-seller list. It noted that Mein Kampf was banned from the territories during the years of Israeli administration of the region, but was recently allowed in by the PA.""

Also reported by the Telegraph UK

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=%2Fnews%2F2002%2F03%2F19%2Fnmein19.xml

Mein Kampf for sale, in Arabic
By Sean O'Neill and John Steele
(Filed: 19/03/2002)

AN Arabic translation of Hitler's Mein Kampf which has become a bestseller in the Palestinian territories is now on sale in Britain.

The book, Hitler's account of his life and anti-Semitic ideology written while he was in prison in the 1920s, is normally found in Britain in academic or political bookshops.

But The Telegraph found it on sale in three newsagents on Edgware Road, central London, an area with a large Arab population.

The book, originally translated in the 1960s and revived by Bisan, a Lebanese publisher in the 1990s, has a picture of Hitler and a swastika on the cover and is selling for £10...."
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 12:39 am
That book has sold well in many countries (for example, number 2 book on Amazon.de until it was removed), what is your point?

Are you of the absurd opinion that all readers of said book agree with it?

You do realize, of course, that people may read it because of it's historical legacy without agreeing with it right?

Do you know that a Jewish Charity received £500,000 from Mein Kampf royalties?

Some believe the book should be sold to those who wish to read it, and these people do not necessarily agree with the book, some think it repugnant.

Many who read it are curious as to the train wreck that is the ideology therein.

So for example, the charity case was a situation in which the publisher didn't want the money but wanted the text available, and gave the money to the first Jewish charity that would accept it (which caused controversy).
0 Replies

abu afak

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 12:54 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
That book has sold well in many countries, what is your point?

Are you of the absurd opinion that all readers of said book agree with it?

You do realize, of course, that people may read it because of it's historical legacy without agreeing with it right?

.. uh yuh... ok... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

We all know anti-semitism is not part of the Arab culture. . Nooooo

It is, by ALL accounts, including the few of their own objective ones... Part of their Mainstream press and TV.

It didn't reach #6 because it's opinions were repugnant to the Locals.
(or will you argue that too?)

LOL
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 01:04 am
abu afak wrote:

I said nothing whatsoever of the sort. You are making a straw man argument.

Quote:
It is, by ALL accounts, including the few of their own objective ones... Part of their Mainstream press and TV.

Just as it was in many other countries, incuding mainstream American publishers.

Quote:
It didn't reach #6 because it's opinions were repugnant to the Locals.
(or will you argue that too?)

It has reached #2 in western countries known for being stridently opposed to the ideology, sales of the book do not necessarily mean it is being sold to adherents, as sales do not indicate whether the reader agreed or was merely curious in reading the famous book.

No, I do not assert that it reached #6 because of its repugnance per se, I think it is a best seller because of a morbid fascination people have with super-villains and because of its subsequent infamy.
0 Replies

abu afak

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 01:33 am
Craven de Kere wrote:

You do realize, of course, that people may read it because of it's historical legacy without agreeing with it right?....

abu afak wrote:

.. uh yuh... ok... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Craven de Kere wrote:

I said nothing whatsoever of the sort. You are making a straw man argument....

Actually, as you see above .. you DID EXACTLY "Say something of the sort" Not that Arabs weren't anti-semitic... BUT.. by intimating they were perhaps reading it just the "Historical Legacy"... and Not the Anti-Semitism.

Whatever happened to my buddy Thok?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 01:38 am
abu afak wrote:
Actually, as you see above .. you DID EXACTLY "Say something of the sort"

No, abu afak, I did not. This is a falsehood you issue.

See, I think Palestinian racism against Jews is quite high, just as racism against Arabs is quite high in Israel.

I never asserted anti-semitism was not a part of Arab culture. It's a part of nearly all cultures and has disproportionately strong representation in Arab culture owing in large part to the conflicts they are involved in.

Quote:
Noty that Arabs weren't anti-semitic... BUT.. by intimating they were perhaps reading it just the "Historical Legacy"... and Not the Anti-Semitism.

They may, in fact, be. I suspect that racism against Jews plays a large part as well. But that does not discount from the fact that infamy alone has driven sales of that book in many places that are not predominantly racist against Jews.

Quote:
What ever happened to Thok?

Given the nature of your contributions thus far, a disappearing audience should not surprise you.

Perhaps Thok simply does not think this topic meritous of his/her time, it happens.
0 Replies

abu afak

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 01:59 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
abu afak wrote:
Actually, as you see above .. you DID EXACTLY "Say something of the sort"

No, abu afak, I did not. This is a falsehood you issue.

See, I think Palestinian racism against Jews is quite high, just as racism against Arabs is quite high in Israel.

I never asserted anti-semitism was not a part of Arab culture. It's a part of nearly all cultures and has disproportionately strong representation in Arab culture owing in large part to the conflicts they are involved in.

Quote:
Noty that Arabs weren't anti-semitic... BUT.. by intimating they were perhaps reading it just the "Historical Legacy"... and Not the Anti-Semitism.

They may, in fact, be. I suspect that racism against Jews plays a large part as well. But that does not discount from the fact that infamy alone has driven sales of that book in many places that are not predominantly racist against Jews...."

So now you Admit what you tried to Dilute and explain it away as "interest in Historical Legacy" (lets not forget now my smooth friend)
All the while Claiming Victory ... despite beating a path Straight to MY door.. MY point.

thank you.

This (below) was also quite a sequence; where you further seek to Dilute it by comparing the Arab Press' anti-semitism to the 'mainstream' 'American Publishers'(!) (even in ANY period.. quite Absurd and one can only conclude.. an attempt to Mislead/MIScharacterize)

STUNNING stuff.. but truly 'Craven'

Craven de Kere wrote:
abu afak wrote:

Quote:

Just as it was in many other countries, incuding mainstream American publishers....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 02:41 am
abu afak wrote:
So now you Admit what you tried to Dilute and explain it away as "interest in Historical Legacy" (lets not forget now my smooth friend)

Not at all, though I can understand your desire to see things this way.

Many people like to cast events in the way that they fancy, regardless of veracity.

Quote:
All the while Claiming Victory ... despite beating a path Straight to MY door.. MY point.

I made no claim to victory, this is not a competition and if it were it would be most unfair.

Quote:
This (below) was also quite a sequence; where you further seek to Dilute it by comparing the Arab Press' anti-semitism to the 'mainstream' 'American Publishers'(!) (even in ANY period.. quite Absurd and one can only conclude.. an attempt to Mislead/MIScharacterize)

No, it is not absurd. As evidenced by your inability to illustrate as much, relying instead on the strength of your conviction as the basis for an argument.

Comparison of the popularity of the book elsewhere lends insight into your motivations for your opinions, for example it comes across as owing in large part to a pre-existing bias against the peoples you pick out to denigrate.

The book has been more popular elsewhere, and your reasons for selecting this particular instance may be due to a predisposition to do so on your part.

Quote:

When you have to resort to mocking a username I chose it highlights the deficiencies in your arguments through your ability to construct valid ones and tendency to resort to such beauties.
0 Replies

abu afak

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:06 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
abu afak wrote:

Not at all, though I can understand your desire to see things this way.

Many people like to cast events in the way that they fancy, regardless of veracity.

Quote:

I made no claim to victory, this is not a competition and if it were it would be most unfair.

Quote:

No, it is not absurd. As evidenced by your inability to illustrate as much, relying instead on the strength of your conviction as the basis for an argument.

Comparison of the popularity of the book elsewhere lends insight into your motivations for your opinions, for example it comes across as owing in large part to a pre-existing bias against the peoples you pick out to denigrate.

The book has been more popular elsewhere, and your reasons for selecting this particular instance may be due to a predisposition to do so on your part.

Quote:

When you have to resort to mocking a username I chose it highlights the deficiencies in your arguments through your ability to construct valid ones and tendency to resort to such beauties.

You retreat .. and call it victory.. MY point Arab Anti-Semitism now made an agreed to.. despite your several attempts to dilute/excuse/explain it away.. finally just agreeing despite several convoluted statements.

What a waste of space .... just for your little ego.

A new point I made.. now also unanswered.. where you Incredibly Compare " Mainstream American Publishers" anti-semitism to that of the Arab Press!

Unbelieveable really..

Here in America you just can't/could NEVER watch a 30 part TV series based on the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" that was shown Throughout the Arab Word a Year ago. ,.. nor read Daily in any Mainstream paper the things you read in Arab ones.

Rule of Holes:

When you're in one... STOP DIGGING!!

NEXT[/b\]
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:15 am
abu afak wrote:
You retreat .. and call it victory..

Perhaps the "retreat" is a figment of your imagination, claiming "victory" certainly is as I have done no such thing.

Quote:
MY point Arab Anti-Semitism now made an agreed to.. despite your several attempts to dilute/excuse/explain it away.. finally just agreeing despite several convoluted statements.

You lack the understanding of nuance, I had never disagreed with any condemnation of the Arab racism, just what I suspect is yours.

Quote:
What a waste of space .... just for your little ego.

My ego's really big. Positively inflated.

Quote:
A new point I made.. now also unanswered.. where you Incredibly Compare " Mainstream American Publishers" anti-semitism to that of the Arab Press!

This is another in a string of falsehoods. I made no such comparison.

I do not compare mainstream anti-semitism. I compared mainstream publication of Mein Kampf.

What you may not be able to comprehend is that not all publishers and readers of Mein Kampf are motivated by anti-semitism.

For example, one western publisher donated all its royalties from the book to Jews. Their publishing was not necessarily motivated by agreement with the book's content.

Quote:
Rule of Holes:

When you're in one... STOP DIGGING!!

Apparently you are more fond of quoting "rules" than following them.
0 Replies

abu afak

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:18 am
Craven de Kere wrote:

Quote:

This is another in a string of falsehoods. I made no such comparison...."

Really? .. you have a bad/Remarkable! habit of Denying what you Just said,
(below contains yet another one before you made you comments about Mainstrean American Publishers in Direct Response to my comments about the Arab Press.)

Craven de Kere wrote:
abu afak wrote:

Quote:

Just as it was in many other countries, incuding mainstream American publishers....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:28 am
abu afak wrote:

Really? .. you have a bad/Remarkable! habit of Denying what you Just said,

No, I have the wholly unremarkable tendency to reject your revisions and faulty interpretations of what I said.

For example, I compared the publication of Mein Kampf in western and Arab press. You mistakenly interpret it as being a comparison of anti-semetism.

But I'll grant you this, that I reference Mein Kampf with a pronoun after you spoke of anti-semitism may have been confusing. See, as we were discussing Mein Kampf in a thread about Mein Kampf I thought you would comprehend the known subject it, but my lacking clarity after you'd segued into a generalized anti-semetism was careless writing on my part.

I was not speaking of anti-semetism, but of publication of Mein Kampf, and wrote unclearly.

I would not in my wildest dreams equate levels of Anti-semetism in western and Arab press as they are not equitable (Arab press is a wee bit harsh on Jews, as you may have noticed).
0 Replies

abu afak

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:32 am
OK/... I'll let you off as being "Confused".. but your reference comparison of Arab anti-Semitic Mainstream Media.. to "American Mainstream Publishers"..is wrong/Offensive.. and was a bad attempt at rationalization
(see above)

bye
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:35 am
Boy do you like to revise what I say to address your own version of it! lol

Confusing, not confused.

And again, I make no comparison of anti-semitism of the Arab and western press, I made a comparison of publication of Mein Kampf and the popularity of the book.

The "offense" you conjure is a creation entirely of your own.
0 Replies