Land Line Phone

gollum

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 01:52 pm
I have a land line phone only. When I call a phone number, and receive a message saying to leave a text, is there any way for me to do that?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,252 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 02:13 pm
@gollum,
I'd like to know too as I'm not very sciency
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 03:37 pm
@gollum,
Just about all cell phones have an associated email address you can send a message to and it will show up as a text on their phone. For example a Verizon phone can be reached at [email protected] if that were the phone number. Of course, you have no way of knowing the provider from the message you got.
gollum

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 04:12 pm
@engineer,
engineer-

Thanks. So, if I make a call from my land line phone and receive a message to leave a text, I can't do it.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 04:19 pm
@gollum,
Someone on a2k told me how to text while not having a text phone, and I'm sure I saved that message, but it is either deep in my present Files links, or I lost it in one of my computer crashes.

I wanted to know how in order to chat with my busy niece who back then pretty much avoided computers. Now we can do email, so I haven't worried about texting lately.

I'll report back if I can find that old information. I think Sozobe may have been the one to tell me how to do it (so smart, that woman).
0 Replies