"Homeland" racist?

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 02:06 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

This episode of The Clangers wasn't "destroyed" by the voice actors swearing, because the audience, like Homeland's never noticed.

Would you care to take a position on how much vandalism of art to drive a political cause is OK?

My answer is NONE!

And the answer is obvious.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 02:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Sorry, forgot to post clip.

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 02:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Let make a date to in five years come back and talk about the German crime rate and the breakdown of German society.
It already started: right wingers and neo-nazis like you want our government on the gallows, send murder threads to the prosecutors, tried to kill refigees ... and nearly murdered the (today elected) mayor of Cologne and four aids/bystanders.

But fortunately, the vast majority doesn't want the Nazis back.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 02:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Would you care to take a position on how much vandalism of art to drive a political cause is OK?

It's not vandalism, it's another, (arguably superior,) art form.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 02:21 pm
@izzythepush,
All art is political because it engages society - either influencing or influenced by it.
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 02:38 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:

Have you read "Er ist wieder da" ? Very funny but scary also.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 02:45 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

It's not vandalism, it's another, (arguably superior,) art form.

When one is commissioned to produce art as a part of an ensemble and then takes the money but instead of doing what was agreed tries to ruin it....then one has committed vandalism.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2015 01:29 am
@hawkeye10,
Homeland is hardly great art, it's second rate drama at best. They should have stopped after season 2 and now Damian Lewis has left there's no point watching it at all.

The graffiti artists haven't done anything wrong. They were asked to provide anti-American graffiti and they did. You're upset because Americans were made to look stupid, as they so often are, and as you always are.

Don't assume the rest of the World loves you. It doesn't.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 01:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You're upset because Americans were made to look stupid, as they so often are, and as you always are.

Do you really think that anyone cares how a man helping his own country go down the tubes says? I don't, and I would bet Hawkeye( I don't speak for Hawkeye) doesn't either.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 01:26 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:

You have Islam. It makes the Nazis look tame.

Are you helping with the clean up yet, Wally?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 01:52 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Are you helping with the clean up yet, Wally?

Well, if Germany didn't want to become a "Muslim garbage dump", wanted to get rid of the "invaders" and "gauleiters against their own people""there are other alternatives - but the concentration camps are unfortunately out of action at the moment" it has been said at the yesterday.

I suppose, you like those ideas, too.

But the prosecution is already at work:
Quote:
Section 130
Incitement to hatred

(1) Whosoever, in a manner capable of disturbing the public peace

1. incites hatred against a national, racial, religious group or a group defined by their ethnic origins, against segments of the population or individuals because of their belonging to one of the aforementioned groups or segments of the population or calls for violent or arbitrary measures against them; or
... ... ...
shall be liable to imprisonment not exceeding three years or a fine.

I honestly don't understand you or anyone else who wants the Nazis back to Germany.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 01:58 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I honestly don't understand you or anyone else who wants the Nazis back to Germany.

I already asked you to find another ideology next to Islam that compares to the Nazis. You never replied. The violence, the supremacy, and the intimidation are the same. About the trains running on time, I don't know.

You and other great thinkers have destroyed your country by letting the real Neo Nazis back in. And over 1 million.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 02:05 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

He's like Henry Ford who donated all of Ford's German profits to the party. People like that are no different, German neo Nazis fly the Confederate flag because they're not allowed to display the swastika, and it means the same thing anyway.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 02:13 pm
@coldjoint,
How do you call those who wants to send the government, other politicians, refugees, member of Christian churches and charities, and their supporters in concentration camps?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 02:15 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
German neo Nazis fly the Confederate flag because they're not allowed to display the swastika, and it means the same thing anyway.
I would be glad, if they did such more: it's a national shame when they show our national flag.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 02:21 pm
Quote:
Last week, news broke that local artists, hired to “add authenticity” to scenes set in a Syrian refugee camp, had actually spray-painted messages like “Homeland is racist” and “Homeland is a joke.” (The scenes, like the rest of Homeland Season 5, were filmed in Germany.) That no one noticed this sabotage until the episode actually aired in the U.S. is a vicious indictment of the sort of cultural tourism that many domestic productions engage in. Hollywood wants to tell stories about terrible things happening to Americans but remains frustratingly uninterested in the lives or motivations of those non-Americans who are doing them. Homeland is far from the worst offender — I’d argue that the show nearly always tries to complicate its stories and, eventually, its antagonists. But what happened last week strikes me as an inevitable side effect of a storytelling culture built on shocks and reaction as opposed to open-minded engagement. That the world is a frightening place is a natural starting point for a dramatic story. But that point shouldn’t be a period.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/anthony-bourdain-parts-unknown/

Which left the people making the show with no place to go but "HaHa, you got us". The rest of us should however have enough sense to condemn the vandalism.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 02:24 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't think that it is correct to do so, but the "Bild", Germany's largest selling tabloid, published names and photos of those, who publish their Nazi-stuff like coldjoint on social media. (Some even with their full address)

Just two of those numerous pages ("Der Pranger der Schande" = the pillory of shame)

http://i57.tinypic.com/muwl5x.jpg
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 02:28 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
The fear you Germans have of free exchange of ideas seems to be getting worse. It will not serve you well.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 03:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
I'm sure that when the graffiti artists hear of your condemnation they'll feel suitably chastised.

I think it's the icing on the cake.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 03:39 pm
@izzythepush,
It is not all about you bubba....
0 Replies