InfraBlue wrote:
Try coherence, not word size.

Try this icredibly obtuse question:
http://able2know.org/topic/295476-3#post-6043329
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:09 pm
@neologist,
You said
The LORD God did away with the old testament(covenant) and brought in the new testament(covenant) by Jesus.
Quote:
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD (Jeremiah 31: 31,32)

Jesus started the new testament(covenant). Paul verifies the end of the old covenant.

Quote:
20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you..(Luke 22:20)
Paul verifies the end of the Law Covenant:
Quote:

God blotted out the old testament (covenant) If.

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; (Colossians 2:14)

All that supports everything I have been telling you.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:09 pm
@Leadfoot,
Who keeps to the OP?
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:13 pm
@neologist,
It would be nice if they did but I have never seen it happen.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:14 pm
@neologist,
Thanks for confirming my suspicion. You have no idea what the disagreement is about.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:15 pm
@Squeakybro,
Even you are off topic
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:15 pm
@Leadfoot,
We seem to disagree on whether or not to keep any part of the old testament that hasn't been brought over to the new testament. I say no, he says yes.

Luke 9:62
62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."
(NKJ)

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:17 pm
@Squeakybro,
Thanks Squeaky.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:20 pm
Anything wrong with the verse that says 'All the law is fulfiled in these two commandments ... '?
neologist

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:25 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Luke 9:62
62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."
(NKJ)
A reference more applicable to the story of Lot's wife than to those who would seek enligtenment from the writings even Jesus quoted.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:26 pm
@Leadfoot,
In the old testament if one wanted to become a Jew they had to be circumcised. That was how one joined the believers. But what people cant see is if you keep one part of the old testament that isn't in the new testament you can fall from grace..

Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:28 pm
@neologist,
You seem to have lots of reasons why you shouldn't take the Word at face value. But if your even going to walk after the Holy Spirit your going to have to learn how.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:29 pm
@Leadfoot,
No problem there. So long as one recognizes that many of the covennats, promises, and prophecies in the Hebrew texts are still in effect.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:43 pm
@neologist,
So as long as you teach that, your risking the lives of the one's your teaching.

Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)
And if you cause just one of them to stumble.

Luke 17:2
2 "It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
(NKJ)

Matt 12:36-37
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 03:10 pm
@Squeakybro,
Well, if the Abrahamic Covenant is no longer in effect, we are in a heck of a pickle.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 03:23 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Laughing Laughing
Speaking of coherence
InfraBlue wrote:
Try coherence, not word size.

Try this icredibly obtuse question:
http://able2know.org/topic/295476-3#post-6043329

That's a statement, not a question.
neologist

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 03:27 pm
@InfraBlue,
Sorry
Phone picked up wrong post

http://able2know.org/topic/295476-3#post-6042679
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 03:49 pm
@neologist,
How can you say that. The new covenant is a better covenant based on better promises.

Heb 8:6-7
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 03:50 pm
@neologist,
I was based on these incredibly obtuse sentences.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 04:14 pm
@InfraBlue,
Do you want me to rephrase one?
0 Replies