How Did You Learn The Bible?

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 11:58 am
@neologist,
So you want me to take someone else own opinion now. Is that it? I think I will stick with the Holy Spirit.
Maybe that's why you don't know the Holy Spirit, because your always listening to human wisdom.

1 Cor 2:4-7
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
(NKJ)

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 11:58 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Satan IS the wrath of God.
Are you saying Satan is not an intelligent being?
Interesting.
You believe holy spirit is an intelligent being, but Satan is merely an attribute of a loving Creator.
Explain
neologist

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 11:59 am
@Squeakybro,
Also, you have not addressed my question re Hebrews 5:14
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 12:03 pm
@neologist,
Satan was created in the image of the wrath of God. Jesus was created in the image of the righteousness of God. We were created in the image of God. Satan's throne is in the old testament. Jesus' throne is in the new testament. We have the choice .
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 12:05 pm
@neologist,
I did address it. I'm not going to do a search to hear what some other person is going to give me their own opinion.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 03:30 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

You did say here that Jehovah gives Satan the permission to torment Job, and by extension, humankind, and that it's part of his master plan.

Folks can read that for themselves to see that God's permission was limited and, by extension, Satan's dominion over mankind has limits.

Sure, Jehovah won't let Satan kill us. Up to that, Jehovah gives Satan free reign in tormenting humankind.

So, if Satan isn't allowed, who is it that kills humans?

neologist wrote:
Also, you have failed to recognize the difference between plan and purpose.

So then, it's not all part of Jehovah's master plan?

What's the purpose of permitting Satan to torment humankind?

neologist wrote:
You are very much in accord with my dear friend Frank, with only one exception.

Your association fallacy is irrelevant to the issue at hand.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 03:50 pm
SATAN MADE IN THE IMAGE OF THE WRATH OF GOD

2 Sam 24:1 O.T.
1 Again the anger of the LORD was aroused against Israel, and He moved David against them to say, "Go, number Israel and Judah."
1 Chr 21:1
1 Now Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel.
1 Chr 21:8
8 So David said to God, "I have sinned greatly, because I have done this thing; but now, I pray, take away the iniquity of Your servant, for I have done very foolishly."
Isa 54:16
16 "Behold, I have created the blacksmith who blows the coals in the fire, who brings forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the spoiler to destroy.
Isa 16:4
4 Let My outcasts dwell with you, O Moab; be a shelter to them from the face of the spoiler. For the extortioner is at an end, devastation ceases, the oppressors are consumed out of the land.
Mal 3:11
11 "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field," says the LORD of hosts;
2 Sam 24:16
16 And when the angel stretched out His hand over Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD relented from the destruction, and said to the angel who was destroying the people, "It is enough; now restrain your hand." And the angel of the LORD was by the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite.
IKing 22:20-23
20 "And the LORD said, 'Who will persuade Ahab to go up, that he may fall at Ramoth Gilead?' So one spoke in this manner, and another spoke in that manner.
21 "Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD, and said, 'I will persuade him.'
22 "The LORD said to him, 'In what way?' So he said, 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And the LORD said, 'You shall persuade him, and also prevail. Go out and do so.'
23 "Therefore look! The LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these prophets of yours, and the LORD has declared disaster against you."
2 Chr 18:19-22
19 "And the LORD said, 'Who will persuade Ahab king of Israel to go up, that he may fall at Ramoth Gilead?' So one spoke in this manner, and another spoke in that manner.
20 "Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD, and said, 'I will persuade him.' The LORD said to him, 'In what way?'
21 "So he said, 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And the LORD said, 'You shall persuade him and also prevail; go out and do so.'
22 "Therefore look! The LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these prophets of yours, and the LORD has declared disaster against you."
Ps 139:4
4 For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.
Ps 139:7-8
7 Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
(NKJ)

N.T.

Heb 2:14-15
14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
1 Tim 1:20
20 of whom are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I delivered to Satan that they may learn not to blaspheme.
2 Cor 3:14-15
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
Rom 4:15
15 because the law brings about wrath; for where there is no law there is no transgression.
Rom 4:14
14 For if those who are of the law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise made of no effect,
1Thes 5:9-10
9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
James 1:20
20 for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
Eph 2:1-3
1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,
2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
Rom 12:19-21
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.
20 Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Eph 4:31-32
31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.
Matt 6:14-15
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
2 Tim 2:24-26
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient,
25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,
26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
Rom 5:8-9
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
(NKJ)
xxx Satan was created in the image of the wrath of God. But satan has to get permission to exercise wrath. That was and is his job. But because of pride he becomes the devil to deceive us. Once we are deceived into sinning then he exercises his right as satan to punish us.
God doesnt kill anyone. But He allows satan to do his job. You won't find the word devil in the old testament. Jesus came to reveal all this to us.

Heb 2:14
14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
(NKJ)

John 19:11
11 Jesus answered, "You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."
(NKJ)

1 Cor 5:3-5
3 For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed.
4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
(NKJ)

1 Tim 1:19-20
19 having faith and a good conscience, which some having rejected, concerning the faith have suffered shipwreck,
20 of whom are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I delivered to Satan that they may learn not to blaspheme.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 07:13 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
I did address it. I'm not going to do a search to hear what some other person is going to give me their own opinion.
I thought you researched in Strong's and other resources. If not, too bad.
You will never know the truth about your spirit 'friend'.
neologist

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 07:16 pm
@InfraBlue,
neologist wrote:
You are very much in accord with my dear friend Frank, with only one exception.
InfraBlue wrote:
Your association fallacy is irrelevant to the issue at hand.
Glad you understand it is a separate issue.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 07:27 pm
@neologist,
You mean I will never know the deceptions of others. You trust the opinions of others. You have been sucked into the deceptions. If I don't look at them I won't be tempted.
neologist

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 07:28 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
. . . . What's the purpose of permitting Satan to torment humankind?
Why not ask why God did not immediately destroy the rebels, Satan, Adam, and Eve? He could then have started over with a clean slate.
neologist

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 07:31 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
You mean I will never know the deceptions of others.
Including the bias of some translators and the motive of your spirit 'friend'.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 07:32 pm
@neologist,
don't you know that everything fits together perfectly. God is showing love and teaching love. I don't mean the carnal kind which is coveting or lusting. But the true love. God created good and evil. Then evil for temptation. The good for a place in heaven.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 07:33 pm
@neologist,
So, if you don't want to explain your position then just say so instead of resorting to your passive aggressive ad hominems.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 08:25 pm
@InfraBlue,
He does struggle some times trying to cover up his mistakes.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 08:27 pm
@neologist,
You seem to only understand the carnal side of scripture. That is sad. The carnal side is peoples own opinions of scripture.

Rom 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 08:51 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Why not ask why God did not immediately destroy the rebels, Satan, Adam, and Eve? He could then have started over with a clean slate.

Why not answer the question at hand which is about Jehovah permitting Satan to torment mankind?
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2015 04:44 am
Satan is also the tempter.

Matt 4:3
3 Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread."
(NKJ)

1Thes 3:5
5 For this reason, when I could no longer endure it, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter had tempted you, and our labor might be in vain.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2015 10:05 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
I wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Why not answer the question at hand which is about Jehovah permitting Satan to torment mankind?
You like the word "permitting", as if mankind's troubles are part of God's purpose.

Well, I don't have the mind of God. But I can see that the issues raised by Satan in Eden could not be resolved by his immediate execution. If you wish to consider God's decision to allow these issues time for resolution as an act of hostility to mankind, I wish you a long and happy life.
neologist

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2015 10:09 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
. . . God created good and evil. . .
Citation, please.

I'm anxious to see where your spirit 'friend' will direct you.