Another day when there is no Dog

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 03:03 am
'Cept she's here every damned morning! I keep tellin' The Girl if she feeds her every day, she'll never leave!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,439 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 03:43 am
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 03:44 am
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 03:48 am
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 04:31 am
http://www.ifpda.org/content/sites/default/files/imagecache/standard/artworks_by_uploader/36/HOKJ12%20small.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 04:33 am
Juana la loca, Queen of Castile

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/Juan_de_Flandes_003.jpg
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 08:46 am
@Setanta,
I find that player keeps me going when my faith in Dog is in question.

Fetch is a particularly good form of player.

Did you get a new dog!?
Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 04:25 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
Did you get a new dog!?

I wish!

(What did you think Crazy Joan, Queen of Castile?)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 04:52 pm
Paul McCartney wrote this song about his dog, and also to take a couple of cheap shots at Jane Asher, who would not give up her career for him, and finally dumped him . . . ahem . . . broke up with him.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 02:17 am
Princess Henrietta of England, Duchess of Orléans

The sister of King Charles II of England, and much loved by him, she was married off to the oldest brother of King Louis XIV of France, Philippe, Duke of Orléans. He was a bi-sexual who gave her a daughter, but who then put stock in rumors of an affair by Henrietta, implying that the child was not his. He became very cruel, and Henrietta's married life became a burden to her. However, Henrietta was a go-between Charles II and Louis XIV, and instrumental in the conclusion of the secret Treaty of Dover, by which Louis gave large sums of money to Charles, so that he could get around Parliament's tight purse strings which limited income from national revenues. The idea was to prevent the necessity of Charles going hat in hand to Parliament for his "ordinary" household expenses, which ran to tens of thousands of pounds annually. Henrietta died suddenly of a septic disease in 1670, just after her 28th birthday.

http://imageweb-cdn.magnoliasoft.net/bridgeman/fullsize/bal2533.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 02:18 am
Yet another day when there is no Dog.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 02:24 am
I just noticed the Godma tag . . . clever.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 05:22 am
http://www.1st-art-gallery.com/thumbnail/106131/1/Queen-Christina-Of-Sweden-$282$29,-1652.jpg

Queen Christina of Sweden was arguably not just the most intelligent woman in Europe in her day, but one of the most intelligent persons in Europe in her day. Her father, Gustavus Adolphus, died when she was only five years of age, so his chancellor, Oxenstierna, saw to it that she had one of the most comprehensive educations available. Brilliant artists and scholars from all over Europe visited the Swedish court, and Christina would study with them all. She also invited René Descartes to come to Sweden, and although reluctant, he eventually did so. He was obliged to rise very early in the morning to provide her her lessons, something which did not endear her to the philosopher. On her part, she resented his complaints, as that was the only time in her busy ceremonial day available for her to study. Descartes caught a cold (or flu, or pneumonia or simply despair) and died in Sweden.

Christina abdicated in 1652, and moved to Rome, proclaiming her conversion to Catholicism. For more than 30 years thereafter, she tormented the ex-patriots of Rome with her obsessional devotion and insistence on the precedence, as she has been a reigning queen.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 05:30 am
Christina obviously believed that there is a Dog.
boomerang

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 05:45 am
@Setanta,
As Catholics are wont to do....
Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 04:52 pm
I had a brilliant reply, but i'm having problems with my internet connection.

May Dog the Father bless and keep you . . . in the kitchen.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 05:14 pm
@boomerang,
Even catholic apostates love Dog.

Did you know that Pacco could type? Consider the avatar photo.
0 Replies