[answered]What happened to my thread?

Letty

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 11:40 am
I posted a thread in the movie category acknowledging the death of a famous composer. When I looked at the link, I realized that there was information regarding something that I had not intended to be shown, so I tried to delete it. I received that message that I could only delete what I had posted, then received the message that it had been moved to a restricted area. Just wondering what happened.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 683 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 11:49 am
What happened was that you deleted it, then tried to delete it again and the software gives a misleading error message.

It can't delete it as it has already been deleted and gives the message that you can only delete your own posts.

Then when you looked for the deleted thread it was not found and it gave the message saying "The topic or post you requested does not exist or has been moved to a restricted area". In your case it was the does not exist part, as you'd deleted it.

e.g.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=999999999999999

That thread doesn't exist, and will give the same message.

Basically, it's just giving an error message that isn't specific enough in the first instance and in the second it gave two options, one of which was the correct one.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 11:55 am
Thanks, Craven. I'll try again later, then.
0 Replies