Amanda Knox Prosecutors in deep doodoo......

oralloy

Tue 8 Sep, 2015 08:00 pm
@gungasnake,
I wonder if Italy will ever clear up the mystery behind the bomb threat.

After Guede locked Kercher in her room to slowly drown in her own blood, he took her cell phones and left. Shortly thereafter, he pitched her phones down a dark ravine.

There was a house at the bottom of that ravine, and not too long after Kercher's phones landed in their yard, that house got a phone call telling them that there was a bomb hidden in their toilet.

They phoned the local police, who came out and searched the yard where the phones landed (but not the bathroom where the bomb was alleged to be). Because it was dark, they failed to find the phones.

The homeowners found the phones ringing in their yard the next day when Amanda grew alarmed and started trying to call Kercher. They turned them in to the local police "because they had seen in movies that phones could be used to detonate bombs".

The local police then waited until Amanda and Raffaele phoned the police, then they showed up with Kercher's phones, then they lied about when they showed up, claiming that they had arrived before Amanda and Raffaele phoned the police.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 8 Sep, 2015 08:00 pm
@oralloy,

I mentioned this previously...

Quote:
Maybe somebody here can help me with this one.....

Last Saturday I'd finished some business in Houston and was in the process of heading back towards the heart of the Bible belt where I live and...

I get into my little black Honda which I had the good new SeriusXM radio installed in a year and a half or so ago and turn the radio on and...

There was Margaret Chuntwait on the Met Opera channel describing the first act of Guiseppi Verdi's La Forza del Destino (Force of Destiny). As she described it, the heroine (who I believe I remember her saying was named Leonora) and her boyfriend/lover are in the process of eloping and riding out of town when her father shows up and confronts the two; angry words are spoken; a duel is agreed to right then and there and:

The boyfriend decides he's not going to shoot his bride's father, tosses his pistol on the ground and the pistol, an old single-shot flint-lock dueling pistol, hits the ground, goes off, and shoots the father between the eyes bang/pow, and the guy is lying there on the ground grave-yard dead. I mean, this **** is at least as good as Jerry Clowers story about the monkey shooting the error-prone coon dog...

And I'm thinking to myself:

Quote:
You know, Snake, you must be some sort of a serious asshole, I mean all of those Italian people are gonna be sitting there crying their eyes out and YOU're gonna be the only person in the audience sitting there cheering and applauding (and probably laughing your ass off)...

And so I'm driving South and they play the overture and then a bit of nondescript singing and then about 35 miles South of Houston there's a Texaco station with good carry-out food and I stop for gas and then go in and get a chicken barBQ sandwich and come back out, start the car and turn the radio on again and I assumed I was going to be hearing some really sad music, i.e. people grieving over Leonora's father but, WHOA, they're playing some of the jolliest music you'd ever want to hear.

That's the question: Is Forza del Destino supposed to be a tragedy or a comedy and what is the normal audience reaction when the girl's father gets shot? Is it possible that everybody reacts the way I would??

I mean, they could probably make a super comedy out of the thing by having the girl and her friend end up in the same courtroom and with the same judge as Amanda Knox and her boyfriend but I've never heard of an opera quite that intense....

I've not seen any sort of a response to this and I'd still be curious as to whether Forza del Destino is supposed to be a tragedy or a comedy, or at least what the part with the dueling pistol is supposed to be...

oralloy

Tue 8 Sep, 2015 08:24 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
I've not seen any sort of a response to this and I'd still be curious as to whether Forza del Destino is supposed to be a tragedy or a comedy, or at least what the part with the dueling pistol is supposed to be...

It sounds like a tragedy:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_forza_del_destino
http://impresario.ch/libretto/libverfor_e.htm

The dueling pistol appears to be at the end of act one.
gungasnake

Tue 8 Sep, 2015 08:53 pm
@oralloy,
This is the story I mentioned which Forza del Destino reminded me of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0KknbSkyL8

0 Replies