Looking for an everyday jacket for under $15.

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 10:29 am
I live in Phoenix so i wont need like some heavy parka or anything but i do want a warm olive jacket that can last me awhile.

ehBeth

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 10:32 am
@johnmarson,
Go to a thrift shop.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 10:34 am
@ehBeth,
That should be the standard reply to this poster, or this bot.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 10:34 am
@johnmarson,
Probably the same place where you got the shorts, the bomber jacket, the short sleeve shirts, and the dress pants.

They have department stores in Phoenix and also men's clothing specialty shops. And then, there is always the internet.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 10:45 am
@Butrflynet,
I could find him a short sleeve shirt, dress pants and an everyday jacket for less than $15 at a thrift store. Fancy labels too Smile
jespah

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 12:31 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 12:44 pm
@jespah,
I've asked if I can do a tribal fusion choreo to this when we move on to inspirations class Smile
jespah

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 01:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Sounds like fun! Smile
0 Replies

robinpeterson90

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 09:59 am
A Levi Commuter Jacket in Olive looks like something that will fit you perfectly in Phoenix .
ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 10:17 am
@robinpeterson90,
It will be 96 degrees F there today. He'll be perfectly sweaty.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 10:17 am
@johnmarson,
Quote:
I live in Phoenix so i wont need like some heavy parka or anything but i do want a warm olive jacket that can last me awhile.

You might try ebay. I buy a great deal of brand new clothing and accessories on ebay and the bargains can be incredible.

I just searched on ebay for mens olive jacket and these turned up in your approximate price range--they are all brand new--just to give you an idea of what you can find. If you include your size in the search it will be more precise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STARTER-MENS-FULL-ZIP-WINTER-FLEECE-JACKET-OLIVE-GREEN-MEDIUM-/321853617000?hash=item4aeff87368

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Generic-Mens-Sueded-Microfiber-Jacket-with-Hideaway-Hood-Dark-Olive-Medium-/381357631116?hash=item58caafa68c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quiksilver-Mens-Jacket-Olive-Size-M-/191677377816?hash=item2ca0dcad18

Happy hunting!
farmerman

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 03:14 pm
@firefly,
About a month ago I bought a leather bomber jacket for 3 BUCKS at a yard sale. Fits me poifectly. I thought they were nuts but this will be my field jacket this fall. Its a maroonish tan with a shearling lining(its not fake-they sell em in Orvis for 675 $) YOWZAH.
I hope it wasnt stolen . Its quite new and I didnt have the heart to ask whether the owner was gunned down in a drug deal or was it hot.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 03:25 pm
@farmerman,
I remember my father's of oh so long ago. Damn, that it is gone. I still have his helmet or bomber hat or whatever you call it.
My husband arrived in my life with, among other attributes, a decrepit bomber jacket, somewhat shreded. He was essentially poor, parents thrifty for good reasons, but to the extreme, and he went to school full scholarship, so didn't have a lot of clothes. White socks for christmas for both boys. His father's education stopped at 4th grade, but he was well self educated, reader of history. It was the mother who was wacky.

My ex died and went to heaven meeting me, who liked his playwriting and opinions and eyes. Though I was making ordinary money myself as a lab tech (previous free college educations in the UC system back then, although I worked 30 or more hours a week) and, all this being later, spending most of it on our gallery/theater/abode.

I describe all that to say we went to a friend of mine's wedding, and sat in the back. It wasn't me who was embarrassed.
Later in life, he became quite the sartorialist.

You can tell I'm not sorry for any of that.
0 Replies

SexyUnicorn

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2019 01:51 am
@johnmarson,
You might try ebay. I buy a great deal of brand new clothing and accessories on ebay and the bargains can be incredible.
0 Replies