ARE MURDERERS PROFESSING TO BE THEISTS ACTUALLY ATHEISTS

JLNobody

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 10:40 am
religion
C.I., SOME muslims kill in the name of Allah, just as SOME Christians have done so in the name of God. And we don't have to go all the way back to the Crusades to find examples.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 10:57 am
True! c.i.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 11:21 am
That's just a cop-out, blaming horrible deeds one commits on one's religion! Everyone has the thoughts, some just don't act on them.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 11:28 am
religion
Tex-Star, ALSO true.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 11:37 am
Tex, I had the urge to kill a woman in Paris, and I'm an atheist. You're absolutely right! Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 11:49 am
Cicero,

The Guillotine is said to be quick and painless. Hmmnn, looking up from the basket at people standing round, yet unable to speak. Though no woman is probably worth it, they are at the root of a substantial number of murders. Most murders are acts of passion carried out against a close relative, friend, or boon companion. Once done, the murderer will probably never kill again.

You haven't left a trail of bodies behind you in half the countries of the world, have you? LOL
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 12:00 pm
JLNobody. Absolutely fabulous logic!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 12:20 pm
religion
Thanks, Piffka. One of those rare occasions where simple logic is enough.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 12:28 pm
Asherman, My motto is "love em and leave em." LOL c.i.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 12:33 pm
Glad you saw it as the right moment then. What do the mathematicians call it?... an elegant bit.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 01:07 pm
religion
There was another such "moment" in an art thread some time back where someone argued against the music of Wagner on grounds of his anti-semtisim. While Wagner was obviously a vicious man in that and other respects, it was not true that this necessarily disqualified his music. I argued, similarly, that "If a bad man cannot compose good music, it follows (equally absurdly) that a good man cannot compose bad music. Right?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 06:08 pm
LOL -- Right! Oh my gosh. That is so absurd it is hilarious. I hope your fellow posters were equally impressed!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 02:41 pm
religion
You think THAT was good, Piffka? Get ahold of the depth of this theological conundrum: Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 05:27 pm
Ahh, I've heard that question posed before... I think a good Catholic would have to say no. A bad Catholic, therefore, would have to say yes, right?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 06:00 pm
truth
I couldn't say, Piffka, since I'm neither: I'm an EX-catholic. When I was last at the airport I saw a small boy being patted all over by the man in charge of screening passengers. The kid exclaimed, "Stop that. You can't do that. You're not a priest."
Now only an "ex" would jump at the chance to tell you that.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 06:03 pm
Oh, ouch! I feel badly for the majority of priests who, I think, are probably not pedaeophiles. As to you, I'd say an EX-catholic is definitely a bad one... a spot I find myself in as well.

Ergo, I think the first homo sapiens had a belly button.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 06:26 pm
truth
To say that an ex-catholic is a bad catholic is to acknowledge a truth, I think. A catholic who does not practice the religion of his childhood, tends to remain a catholic CULTURALLY, if not theologically. The same might be said for Jews; I don't know about Protestants. I too feel for the majority of priests who must carry the stigma created by the actions of a relatively few. Nevertheless, I wonder how many knew of the practice of "pedophilia" in the Church and did not report it. By the way, PEDOPHILIA is not the right word to use in this context (strictly speaking, that is) even though everyone uses it. There is nothing wrong with loving children, which is what pedo (child) philia (love) means. A child molester is a PEDERAST.
I agree that earliest man probably had a belly button, but are we sure it was on his belly?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 06:31 pm
It was on his forehead. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 06:32 pm
Thanks for the correction... hope I never need to use it again (wishing the practice would cease) but still, it is good to know.

I agree, the worst thing about the entire Catholic Church debacle was the cover-ups. Shameful that high-level administrators went to such lengths with payouts and bargaining... then sent these twisted priests back into the community. It is enough to make you scream.

Where else would a belly button be?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 08:23 pm
Christians who believe it is right to murder have made a new religion for themselves. Muslims who murder in their god's name have created a new religion. You are not part of a religious group if you disagree with it's teachings. You are not a vegetarian if you eat meat. But of coarse it's absurd to say they don't believe in god.
0 Replies