How Was Your Day?

littlek

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 09:41 am
bummer piffka!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 09:47 am
Thanks, Littlek. Too weird having two planes fall out of the sky.

PatioDog -- LOL! So you chose it's a good day?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 10:01 am
They're pretty much all fair to middlin' unless I'm happily sipping coffee on a mountaintop (good) or dying of thirst and exposure on a mountaintop (bad). Guess I'm just not much of a lowland person. How's the temperate Bombay?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 10:07 am
Piffka, you mean PLANES?! Not, like, models? YIKES.

I'm fine, just tired of being so damn cold. 30 feels cold 'til it's below zero. It's now bright and sunny and 9. Nine. Ack.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 10:10 am
Damn, Piff, I didn't see that. You can't take a dog run away from a Washingtonian, dammit!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 10:14 am
I know. I know. I'm soooooo bummmmmmed.

Yeppers. It were a real, if small Cesna something. Stupid man. I hate aeroplanes.

$10 million dollars of our gov't tax dollars at work to ruin things for me.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 05:26 pm
Well, my day yesterday (today for most of you) was a smegging disaster, thank you very much for asking.

First thing - I was kneeling in the bath, washing myself (just don't ask, ok?!) - when I sort of stretched my left foot back - and incredible pain started. Once I stopped imagining that I had unsuspected galloping osteoparosis and my ankle had snapped, I had to figure out how to get out of the bath. Deep bath, with glass shower surround and a smallish door - no ability to sit on the edge of the bath and swivel, or anything sensible.

So - do I have agony on the kicking off foot or the landing foot? Hmmmmmmmmm... THEN - I got all dizzy from shock or something - so that slowed down the proceedings - some time later - (I have always known that bath was a trap for the frail - I just didn't expect to BECOME frail so fast!) - I decided landing in agony was the was the way to go - and I did.

owie owie owie.

I dress. I consider how I will drive to work - I recall I have an automatic car, now, and it is the inoperative leg that does not have to do anything. I can go to work. Damn!

I hobble to balcony to water pots prior to 103 F day. I discover I have left a bag of rubbish out there and forgotten it. Smell from the nether regions of the charnel houses of hell. Bag has to go NOW!!!!

I hobble with bag into kitchen. Put bag down to gather ALL rubbish - don't wanna have to make more trips up and down in this state than I have to. Smell intensifies. I look down with horror to see there is hole in bottom of bag - a nameless fluid that smells like...well, very bad, has made a huge pool on my kitchen floor. By now I am late for work. I say bad words.

I hobble to get another bag - I wrestle very intimately with a large, wet, suppurating bag to get it into another one. I win. I move bag to clean bit of floor. I hobble to laundry to get mop and bucket. I cannot find mop and bucket. I find mop. I fill laundry trough with water and disinfectant. I am VERY late for work. I hobble with charged mop to kitchen. I discover the second bag also has a hole, and nameless horror fluid has now made TWO large pools of nameless awfulness on my kitchen floor. I hobble to get third bag. I now imagine myself doing this forever, like Mickey Mouse in the Sorcerer's Apprentice in Fantasia. I whimper bad words.

I again engage in fun suppurating baggie wrestle. I win again! Go me. I begin process of mopping up all the nameless Mordorish liquid spills. This takes several hobbling trips to and fro. I am EXTREMELY late for work - and I know that today I am holding the fort alone in the crisis clinic. I decide this is a crisis and I am handling it, therefore I am doing my job.

I go and change my clothes. There is a giftie for me in the cats' litter tray, which I check before I leave. I remove gift and put it in loo to flush. I forget I now turn loo off, since it is leaking and I cannot afford to get a repair person in to fix it right at the moment. I turn water supply to loo on. I wait. I flush cat gifts. I turn loo off.

I hobble down stairs with work accoutrements and big, slippery baggie. It hurts, a lot, baggie keeps almost slipping from my wet hands - but I make it triumphantly to bin, and painfully to work!!!!

Now I have a big, puffy sore ankle - but no rubbish.

And it is Saturday! Yay!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 05:28 pm
dlowan: some days are better than others.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 05:32 pm
Bunny, it is bound to get better-it's gots to!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 05:40 pm
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww poor Deb .... I've had days like that, makes you just want to run back to bed and cover your head!

Have a Drunk You'll feel better:)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 05:42 pm
Misti - I DID! Several - when I finally hobbled home!

'Twill teach me not to pop rubbish bags outside cos I am too tired to run downstairs with them at the time!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 05:48 pm
i feel for you deb, but i can't help laughing Laughing
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 05:51 pm
dlowan, that's a story straight out of "I Love Lucy". Hope your ankle's better tomorrow.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 05:53 pm
(((((DEB)))))
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 05:56 pm
hey, at least you don't live in canberra.........
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 05:57 pm
Yeah Deb, you never said ... is your ankle fractured?

I don't blame you for not wanting to run downstairs with the trash, sometimes that's just too much darn work.

Can you install a dumb waiter or a shute or something like that?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 05:59 pm
Here Deb, cuddle up!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XADdAl8aeJdSDlwrOBEwaWJaeQTQ19umex8bswDYq0cuOEiVZpku1OwgC1Xa4slD8zI5kTK55VE0y0pdeQf4kXc9*cklxMxSEtFWHBMm7vikY13VilkC82PsnXsbf18QOWSzwn5z7aE/A-CUTE-CATS-SQUASHED.jpg?dc=4675405576899765571
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 06:17 pm
LOL all! I was laughing at myself, too - never fear....well, not so very much at the rubbish bag thing!

It IS tomorrow - and it is still pretty sore - but a lot better.

Nah - no fracture - just strained or sprained or tore or frayed or vexed something.

I CAN get to the basement -where my car-park is - without doing stairs - but I have to leave the building and use the disabled ramp - and I was resisting that - my building has lifts, thank heavens - only one set of stairs to the basement.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 06:29 pm
Piffka wrote:

Pueo, you are baaaad! LOL What a great way to turn a terrible situation into a win for you! I hope that everybody figures out how to get better power. What about solar power, for Pete's sake? Isn't it sunny if it's that hot???

there was some effort to put solar water heaters here. the problem with that is when the typhoons come, things go a flyin'

saw john benavente the other night, he asked me why the hell am i causing him more problems, called me a few choice names too. did it with a smile on his face though and we had a few laughs over that. i told him the best is yet to come Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 06:36 pm
Deb, glad to hear the ankle incident wasn't serious, but you do tell a helluva funny story !!!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How Was Your Day?
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 05:05:41