everything in-between. Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,522 • Replies: 78
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 02:00 am
Well, surprisingly, my day was pretty demmed fine, thank you for asking.

I began a stretch of working in a different part of my organisation today. A mobile emergency service for kids between 16 and 19 with a mental health problem - anything from sudden onset psychosis, through to the usual cutting, slashing and suicide.

Now - I dislike the people staffing the service - I hate crisis work - and I am at my best, I think, with littler folk. I said I would do this stint out of noble impulses: to stop pressure being put on my poor stand-in boss - cos I like her, and I am a senior team member, and, if she folds, I am the obvious choice for stand-in-stand-in boss - blecccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhh - (our real boss is completing her cancer treatment).

So - with great grumblings and choruses of "You peoples owe me BIG time!" I tooled off for me fortnight of hell.

Aaaaaaand! They are really quiet! They won't be for long - cos I have really bad karma when it comes to crisis stuff - it rolls in when it is my watch - but today was quiet - restful - pleasant- aaaaaah!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 02:26 am
dlowan

Good luck with tomorrow & the rest of the stretch. You brave soul!
You sound so competent. I'm mightily impressed!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 03:22 am
nah - I am soooooooooooooo not competent with crisis work -I get agitated.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 03:25 am
i guess i just make your day better then? Sad
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 04:08 am
Pardon me?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 04:28 am
you're pardoned.

hey, i sounded like the governor of illinois Very Happy

is this the death penalty thread? Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 04:36 am
peuo, are you bored? What time is it in Guam?

Today, oops, yesterday, I cut up some firewood. The temperature dropped to the 20s and we normally keep our house in the 60s; so, it seemed prudent to make sure my wife's feet were warm...We watched some NFL playoff football...watched a thousand or so migrating black birds surround our house...cleaned off another spot on my desk...soaked in the bathtub for two hours...played a little one-arm bandit on my computer (slots)...surfed A2K several times and saved the world.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 04:43 am
on guam! bored! surely you jest sir!

why we have so much to do, such as, and, and...................................
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 04:53 am
I remember some of the mainlanders who were assigned to Hawaii. They could drive around Oahu in less time than they could drive across their state. They hated it. Of course, the locals spent a lot of time in the ocean; so, they didn't feel as confined.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 05:06 am
six am. Barely awake. the coffee maker's clock got reset during yesterday's brief power outage. got kicked in the face by apnea at about two hours ago.

Monday.

(But yesterday and Saturday and Friday were damn fine!)
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 05:07 am
you can drive around guam in under an hour. traffic permitting of course...................
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 05:21 am
My day was like any other day. Started out with wake up a little too late, which really gets my adrenaline going! Got to the restaurant, had an espresso and a cigarette, set the tables, had another espresso and a smoke... waited for guests to start coming. Very slow lunch, weather was too good, I guess. Cold and very sunny makes the germans go crazy. Fresh air, walking, walking...

At last! Guests! 3 of them, but still. Had another espresso, way too little caffeine in them small coffees, if you ask me. Another fourtop walks in. Very slow lunch today... No more guests, so we sit down for our lunch.

The time between shifts was well spent, planning the the trip to the Florida gathering, and excessive a2k'ing with the missus!

Evening shift was also very slow, had a lot of time talking to guests, spreading the word of a2k. My buddy Erwin came in, and we had supper together, and after that I closed up and we went out to do some darts and some Drunk ... Got home pretty early for a sunday night, which is good. This way I'll have more time being awake on my free day! Gotta shop for that trip, and do some cooking when the missus gets home. A bottle of sicilian red with that... I think today's gonna be good too!!!!
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 05:23 am
Top o'the morning to ya, SP!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 05:45 am
Mapleleaf wrote:
What time is it in Guam?

at the tone it will be approx. 9:40 pm monday january 13, 2003

ding!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 07:02 am
pueo- You are all mixed up. It is nearly 8 AM on Monday morning. Are you in a time warp? Or maybe the "Twilight Zone"! Confused
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 09:15 am
Yesterday I had a very good day. I started my day making a fresh pot of coffee. I made some homemade pizza's, knit some slippers, and played here on A2K. I also put my sons school work together for today and watched a few movies.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 11:05 am
Got up and was still sooo tired. Went to work. Got my boss to sign my vacation application for the Florida gathering. That cheered me up mightlily! Then my boss left for Copenhagen and I could finally work quietly by myself. The weather forecast was terrible for today and it was right. It started to snow around noon. I left from work at 4:15 pm. Thank god the roads were not as slippery as predicted.

Now I'm home, had a cup of coffee, we booked the flight to Melbourne, FL and rented a convertible while we are there! I am VERY happy now. BigDice will cook some nice dinner. The evening couldn't be any better.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 11:10 am
urs53
Awsome. I hope you guys have a great time ;-)
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 11:17 am
Thanks, Gezzy!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How Was Your Day?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 10:03:17