Is there any difference between cheap and expensive vodka?

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 12:59 pm
Hello! I recently found about this Kors Vodka with selling for up to $24,500 per bottle. I was wondering if anyone ever tried this really expensive vodka ?

Does it really taste any different? Is there any difference (apart from the fancy bottle) between Kors and Grey Goose, skyy?
thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,409 • Replies: 4
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 01:22 pm
@boozology,
There was a Mythbusters episode on this topic. With a blind taste test, an expert had no trouble telling the difference between cheap and expensive vodka... even after they did extra filtering on the cheap vodka.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 02:01 pm
@boozology,
Like beer, Boozo, some diffs very subtle
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 04:38 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
There was a Mythbusters episode on this topic. With a blind taste test, an expert had no trouble telling the difference between cheap and expensive vodka... even after they did extra filtering on the cheap vodka.

It might depend on the nature of the cheap vodka. I once ran across a website that ranked various qualities of alcoholic beverages according to expert opinions.

With some types of alcohol, the highly-ranked stuff sold for hundreds of dollars per bottle. But Vodka had numerous highly-ranked offerings that cost only $20 per bottle.

I'm not doubting that Mythbusters show that you mention. Just because good vodka can be had cheaply, that doesn't mean that all cheap vodka is good. I expect that they compared bad vodka to good vodka, and am not surprised that experts could tell the difference.
0 Replies

jamesharry1

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 03:45 am
@boozology,
I dont know the exact difference but you can definitely taste the difference between good vodka(much smoother) compared to cheap vodka.
0 Replies