A proof for the existence of God

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 07:58 am
As someone who spends rather a lot of time thinking (compared with those who work, go to school, or you know, have a life hehe) God is a popular subject. Ever eager to find proof of GOd since the idea's very attractive, and the more likely reality of no gods rather sucky, I think I found a way to believe in God.

When you think of "God" something comes to mind does it not? You don't ask the one mentioning it, "What's God?" You know what God is. Therefore it exists. Everything exists in this way since ultimately everything's just thought and electrical impulse leaping from one neuron to the next. But even in the physics-sense, no matter is in fact solid. It simply appears solid. But when you look at htings under microscopes it's just an atom with a nucleus in the center, and lots of empty space. Interestingly, if you could 'zoom-in' infinitely, you'd always get another dot in the middle surrounded by empty space. Physics puts an artifical stopper to this fact called the Planck Length, but conceeds there's no actualy limit. Can always remove a fraction of a whole unit and go smaller. For this reason, we are quite literally thought (since we're not made of anything but infinitely smaller units of mostly empty space, or as I Like ot think of it, happy thoughts and fairy dust.) Smile

For God to exist, you only need have an idea of what God is. Disturbingly, everyone you know benefits from this fact as well as God. We can't actually prove anyone exists including ourselves as every proof we may use is merely the result of our thoughts and misunderstanding of physical reality.

Does God exist? Yes. Or more specificly, mine and your idea of God exists.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 2,148 • Replies: 15

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 09:21 am
By this reasoning leprechauns, unicorns, cherubim, the flying spaghetti monster, etc. also exist.
HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 09:24 am
@InfraBlue,
Indeed. They all exist. I know what all those things are, thus they all exist.

Difference between existing in my mind or outside of it is nil.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 10:10 am
Your conclusion is a leap of logic.

One thing is what exists in your mind, another thing is what exists outside of it.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 03:45 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Do you know about the Old World physical(excluding the spiritual) interpretation of god? They say it is "the sky"or "Father Sky" in relation to "Mother Earth" or "Goddess. They are suppose to physically represent male and female immortality, and the parents of physical creation. Cultures like the NZ Maoris, Native Americans and other cultures have this concept. The Christians use a term for god which is "Heavenly Father" which sounds similar to the Old World concept. This doesn't seem like a magical interpretation, or imply that god is a genie or some kind of Santa Claus, but i guess reality always bites. But i think the quest has always been to know the pyschology(or spirit) of god rather than the physique of god.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 03:59 pm
I am I because my little dog knows me.

-- Gertrude Stein
0 Replies

michaelpenney

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 05:47 am
Iv had 300 miricles iv even got a new nose
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 08:53 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
I suggest you think about what you wrote on the psych forum about "existence" at different levels. You might come to understand that the existence of anything depends on the contextual needs of "the thinger" and that "thinghood" tends to have persistence by virtue of the abstract persistence of those units of social exchange called "words" whose semantic value is context based. Thus there can never be any context independent view of"existence" despite the fact that religious believers would like their thing they call "God" to be transcendent of context and eternal.

NB IMO You do show evidence of your claim to be a "thinker" at levels deeper than most and I wish you more luck than I have had in encountering fellow travelers.
0 Replies

vansdad

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 10:17 am
The existence of God: Is there any other subject that brings out such ignorance? I think not
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2015 08:07 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
It is unusual why people generally understand the concept of "Mother Earth" but not "Father Sky"(or Heavenly Father)? Just a phsysical thought, not a spiritual one
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2015 08:47 am
You are right in one respect. If God exists, he does so outside of space, time and matter. But your point of something coming to mind the instant you think of God is interesting. The first time I can remember thinking about God I was about 7 years old and even though I was brought up in a non religious family and don't recall any other religious influence, I had a very specific idea of 'him' come to mind.

Obviously people have very different reactions to that thought. I'm guessing that most people react with, " Damn, if that is reality, it's going to occupy a **** load of my thoughts and life. Think I'll just tuck that away in a back corner and get ready to go to work or grab a beer and watch football."
0 Replies

Psychonouter

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 03:11 am
It's rather funny people doubt god's existence:p
Because everything happens inside your consciousness
but your ''consciousness'' does not happen. In this sense every being is god literally.
God is the subject that experiences all life which excists only by itself.
In this present stage of life most beings are deluded by their minds. This is to say, the flow of thoughts and feelings.
They see this as themselves while infact they are the 'One' experiencing them. So the only way to really understand this is by being still. This whole world consists of one space/silence and billions of forms/sounds.
How can you be different from stillness? It's where everything comes from and goes back to.
By experiential self inquiry beings are able to free themselves from the mind and live as one with the self (God). This is true freedom.
So you yourself is the prove of gods existence
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 11:16 am
@Psychonouter,
Quote:
So you yourself is the prove of gods existence

True in a way. Because when I am completely honest with myself, even as wonderful as I am, I could not have made myself.
0 Replies

lmoodie

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2015 10:48 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
I agree that just thinking about God manifests a reality of God. Furthermore, the "energies" attached to the collective consciousness belief of humans that God does, indeed, exist ALSO manifests a reality existence of God. Again, it comes down to energy. EVERYTHING IS ENERGY - thought, belief, emotions, etc. EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING!
0 Replies

Ruthless Logic

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 06:40 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
I am sorry to say this , but you are a simpleton who has no idea of the nature of your own reality and the corresponding axioms that define your existence.

P.S. If you are truly interested in the axiomatic patterns that define your Reality, I will confer with you on this topic, but you must be brave in what awaits you and if you are particularly religious, well then, you will need to consider entering this discussion carefully.
0 Replies

Johnjohnjohn

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 06:43 am
@Psychonouter,
Wrong lol.

Read the scriptures and relate it to todays events.

Tribulation is coming.

Donald trump is relatable to Hitler.

Donald trumps ratings are the highest

Hitler = holocaust
SO
Donald Trump = ( fill it in)

Im rambling lol sorry

Anyway Try and Seek GOD

See it from my point of view 😃
0 Replies