The "syndrome" syndrome:

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:35 am
Drom (et reve) has kindly pointed out that some of Lewis Carrol's characters, in his "Alice in Wonderland" have given rise to actual medically recognized 'syndomes'; specifically Alice's syndrome:

http://www.able2know.com/go/?a2kjump=http://www.fact-index.com/a/al/alice_in_wonderland_syndrome.html

and the Madhatter syndrome:

http://www.able2know.com/go/?a2kjump=http://www.the-cma.org.uk/HTML/hatter.htm

Lets have a little fun, and see what else we can find, or what wonders we can create in the form of syndromes based upon familiar concepts, famous personalities, or known 'credibility gaps'!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,248 • Replies: 34
No top replies

Letty

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:41 am
UhOh, Bo. This is gonna take some thought.....Think I'm having a sundown syndrome. (that's a real thing)
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:46 am
well there's a syndrome to attack right there;
the sun doesn't actually set, 'we' do!

we'll call it the "Sun Also Rises -NOT!" syndrome.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:48 am
Great idea, Bo! The first person who just came into my head was Bill Cosby. Then I thought, 'damn! I'm parched for ideas.'

Perot syndrome: another name for psychotic delusions, that usually culminate in declaring oneself rightful leader of the US, or somewhere near Bognor Regis.

Cope-ing strategies: taking out one's vitriol through poetry, and preening later that one's rhymes rhyme.

Lopez attention deficiency: a serious problem that leads to one's saying 'I am still Jenny from the Block,' to anyone who will listen / is too scared to move away. This syndrome is particularly embarrasing for males.

0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:53 am
We all know who has Perot's syndrome!

I'm laughing at the rest, in spite of the fact i don't know what you are talking about!

Lopez ................... 'I am still Jenny from the Block,'

???? Shocked Rolling Eyes

[i hope you didn't get the mistaken impression that i am 'well read'!]
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:55 am
Oops, just caught on J'lo!! Shocked Rolling Eyes :wink:
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:57 am
Well, there's the marchtoadifferent dromer syndrome, which means right..right..right left right.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:58 am
J-Lo is proud to have two conditions to her name. The first is what drom stated, the second is defined as "a neurotic urge to be a serial bride."
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:09 pm
Letty wrote:
Well, there's the marchtoadifferent dromer syndrome, which means right..right..right left right.

is that a Freudian slip, i see peeking out from under your post Letty?

['Drom'er]
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:10 pm
Then there is the Setantasyndrome. You get Ulsters every time you eat a shamrock.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:12 pm
cavfancier wrote:
J-Lo is proud to have two conditions to her name. The first is what drom stated, the second is defined as "a neurotic urge to be a serial bride."

we'll call that the 'reality TV' syndrome; coming to you next september on CBS!

"The Serial Bride" mixture of CSI, and Jessica Simpson.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:14 pm
Heh heh! Bonoknow syndrome--the lack of ability to concentrate.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:18 pm
Letty wrote:
Heh heh! Bonoknow syndrome--the lack of ability to concentrate.

you got it wrong again Letty; it's the U2 syndome or

'Boknow' syndrome.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:19 pm
Very Happy who was the first Dromer?

Serial bride reminds me of Seining off; ending conversations with thirty minutes of debate about 'Lucky Charms' versus 'Ricicles.'

0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:25 pm
Well, drom. You were the first. Goodsax syndrome--the ability to be a siren with perfect intonation.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 12:29 pm

Palzheimer's: the tendency to freak people out by thinking that they're your best, best friend, and that you know about their nickname in Vietnam.

0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 01:33 pm
What about the Ancient Mariner syndrome?

The patient stops a potential audience, holds him with his glittering eye (and the victim's sense of social decorum) and then holds forth at great length about his past, present and future whether or not the victim is interested--or on the way to a wedding.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 01:38 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:

Palzheimer's: the tendency to freak people out by thinking that they're your best, best friend, and that you know about their nickname in Vietnam.

if you want to explain that one Drom, i'll be happy to listen.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 01:40 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
What about the Ancient Mariner syndrome?

The patient stops a potential audience, holds him with his glittering eye (and the victim's sense of social decorum) and then holds forth at great length about his past, present and future whether or not the victim is interested--or on the way to a wedding.

sorry noddy, not interested, and besides, i'm on my way to get married (can't you see my black arm band?)!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 02:18 pm
The Noddysyndrome--what happens when one falls asleep after watching all the bored and shrinks. Only known cure--water, and blessing the snakes therein.
0 Replies