Trinity & Christianity

Yoda

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 06:05 pm
I like to present a spiritual bible study showing how the Trinity works in finding God’s people, the church. For this post, I only took the verses from Genesis Chapter 24. I recommend reading the whole chapter, it’s a very beautiful story. All my comments are written in blue.

1Now Abraham was old, well advanced in age; and the LORD had blessed Abraham in all things. 2So Abraham said to the oldest servant of his house, who ruled over all that he had, "Please, put your hand under my thigh, 3and I will make you swear by the LORD, the God of heaven and the God of the earth, that you will not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell; 4but you shall go to my country and to my family, and take a wife for my son Isaac."

In this passage, Abraham represents God the father, Isaac represents Jesus, and the high servant that has no name represents the Holy Ghost. Just as we learn later on in the New Testament, the Holy Spirit and His angels are sent out into the earth to gather the believers in God, they where not sent out into heaven.

5And the servant said to him, "Perhaps the woman will not be willing to follow me to this land. Must I take your son back to the land from which you came?"

Not even God knows if people will be willing to follow Him, and God even pondered about returning Jesus to earth for their gathering.

6But Abraham said to him, "Beware that you do not take my son back there. 7The LORD God of heaven, who took me from my father's house and from the land of my family, and who spoke to me and swore to me, saying, "To your descendants I give this land,' He will send His angel before you, and you shall take a wife for my son from there. 8And if the woman is not willing to follow you, then you will be released from this oath; only do not take my son back there." 9So the servant put his hand under the thigh of Abraham his master, and swore to him concerning this matter.

God decided not to send Jesus back to earth, when God created this earth, He created man in his own image to dwell in it. And of His creation He will draw out His bride which means His church. If there was not a bride available, then the Holy Spirit’s task would end with out consequence to God.

13Behold, here I stand by the well of water, and the daughters of the men of the city are coming out to draw water. 14Now let it be that the young woman to whom I say, "Please let down your pitcher that I may drink,' and she says, "Drink, and I will also give your camels a drink'--let her be the one You have appointed for Your servant Isaac. And by this I will know that You have shown kindness to my master."

45"But before I had finished speaking in my heart, there was Rebekah, coming out with her pitcher on her shoulder; and she went down to the well and drew water. And I said to her, "Please let me drink.' 46And she made haste and let her pitcher down from her shoulder, and said, "Drink, and I will give your camels a drink also.'

The Holy Ghost will come and ask you to believe in Christ, through the mouths of God’s chosen. There is no knowledge if anyone will accept, God holds no control over your decisions. God can only leave a door open to you, it’s up to you to walk through the door.

55But her brother and her mother said, "Let the young woman stay with us a few days, at least ten; after that she may go."

Satan will try to prevent you from going to Christ by influencing your thoughts. This is a common expression; “Why accept Christ now? We can wait until another date to do so.”

56And he said to them, "Do not hinder me, since the LORD has prospered my way; send me away so that I may go to my master."

When you are called, go and do not delay the Holy Spirit or you will be left behind.

57So they said, "We will call the young woman and ask her personally." 58Then they called Rebekah and said to her, "Will you go with this man?"

We are all asked to make the decision, none of us are forced, there is no obligation.

And she said, "I will go."

What would your answer be? Remember, it is you that controls your own destiny, by your own choices, no one else’s, it is a gift from God.

63And Isaac went out to meditate in the field in the evening; and he lifted his eyes and looked, and there, the camels were coming. 64Then Rebekah lifted her eyes, and when she saw Isaac she dismounted from her camel; 65for she had said to the servant, "Who is this man walking in the field to meet us?"

The servant said, "It is my master." So she took a veil and covered herself.
66And the servant told Isaac all the things that he had done. 67Then Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent; and he took Rebekah and she became his wife, and he loved her.

It is during our trip “our life” that the Holy Spirit fills your thoughts and builds your love in Christ. During this road, there will come hard days of travel, and better days, but the Holy Ghost remains with you always, protecting you and blessing you with the blessings from heaven. This is all to prepare us for the day we see Jesus, so that we are ready and prepared as His bride.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 819 • Replies: 5
No top replies

disenter512

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 09:26 pm
do you not believe in the sovernty of God
Quote:

Not even God knows if people will be willing to follow Him, and God even pondered about returning Jesus to earth for their gathering.

Ok one of the Attributes of our God is that he is all knowing or omnicent. God does know if we will except the gospel or not. But, he doesn't force us to make a desision we do have a free will.

Proverbs 16:4 ¶ The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

God knows who will except the truth and who will not. But I will go look up some more verses for you

bye and God bless
0 Replies

Yoda

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 11:02 pm
Re: do you not believe in the sovernty of God
disenter512 wrote:
Quote:

Ok one of the Attributes of our God is that he is all knowing or omnicent. God does know if we will except the gospel or not. But, he doesn't force us to make a desision we do have a free will.

Proverbs 16:4 ¶ The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

God knows who will except the truth and who will not. But I will go look up some more verses for you

bye and God bless

I believe God is forever learning, I don't know if He truly is omniscient, for the truth is, God is capable of making a mistake...

God shows us His perfection through His humbleness, for God is willing to listen to our reasons, and He’s even willing to repent/relent when and if He knows He’s wrong. Remember, we where created in God’s image and His likeness. This means not only in form, but we share very similar emotions.

Thus making God forever learning.

God is all knowing? I’m not so certain about that. God knows the difference of right and wrong to every question that has been presented. Simply put, if God doesn’t know if we will accept Him when we are asked to believe, then how can He be all knowing?

And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?
Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, for mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Exodus 32: 11-12 & 14
King James version
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 11:16 pm
It is always sad for me to find people who funnel so much of their potential into so little.
0 Replies

Thor

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 05:27 am
Playing a bit fast and loose with the interpretation, eh? Wink

Injecting trinitarian (read:Pauline) concepts into the old testament?

Convenient... but I'd question the motive of such an exercise.
0 Replies

limbodog

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 08:41 am
Thor, I think that quote is Twain's first. Smile

I'd be curious about comparing the trinity of catholicism with the trinity of paganism (the young woman, the mother, and the crone).

Perhaps to look and see if Catholicism changed again in this aspect to accomodate the britons as they did with the holidays and the promotion of the Virgin Mary.
0 Replies