Likud minister to Huckabee: Nobody marches the Jews to ovens anymore

Foofie

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 07:43 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Iranians are not Arabs. Arabs, along with Jews, are Semites. Iranians are Indo-European genetically and linguistically.

The question earlier was why the middle east doesn't consider Israel a nuclear threat? And, that would have been referring to Arab countries. So again, since Israel fought Arab armies in 1948, 1957, 1967 and 1973 with only conventional weapons, the Arab countries seem to understand that Israel is not bent on nuclear annihilation, but only survival.

I thought Iran was Persia. Where did the word Iran come from?

Iranians genetics, or linguistic, backgrounds are non-sequitors. Only political beliefs count. They are not allies, held our embassy hostage, threatened countries for reasons of ideology, and are closer to our Cold War enemy than we are. It's not a marriage made in Heaven.
Miller

Sun 2 Aug, 2015 10:11 am
@Foofie,
QUOTE from FOOFIE:"And, let's not forget that in Russia the majority of doctors under the Soviet system were women. Nothing is wrong if lady doctors become the standard bearers of medicine in the future."

There are a number of Russians trying to gain entrance into the field of medicine. But some are having a terrible time of passing the Board exams in medicine. It's very hard for Germans also...Some are studying 16+hours/day, never leaving their study rooms.

I don't think that Russian doctors are as welcome in the US as are the German docotors.
Foofie

Sun 2 Aug, 2015 04:49 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

QUOTE from FOOFIE:"And, let's not forget that in Russia the majority of doctors under the Soviet system were women. Nothing is wrong if lady doctors become the standard bearers of medicine in the future."

There are a number of Russians trying to gain entrance into the field of medicine. But some are having a terrible time of passing the Board exams in medicine. It's very hard for Germans also...Some are studying 16+hours/day, never leaving their study rooms.

I don't think that Russian doctors are as welcome in the US as are the German docotors.

I wouldn't know. I prefer American born doctors. After that from India, then the Canton.
Miller

Tue 4 Aug, 2015 08:49 am
@Foofie,
I prefer American-educated physicians.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 5 Aug, 2015 07:26 am
@oralloy,
You make me laugh Oralloy...

A simplistic, one-sided view, on the other side of the issue would be just as ridiculous.
oralloy

Wed 5 Aug, 2015 07:41 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
You make me laugh Oralloy...
A simplistic, one-sided view, on the other side of the issue would be just as ridiculous.

All I did was point out facts. A simplistic one-sided view on the other side of the issue would be contrary to the facts.

I didn't realize that we both came so close to making the sixth millionth post on a2k.
0 Replies

Ionus

Wed 5 Aug, 2015 07:52 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
I thought Iran was Persia. Where did the word Iran come from?
The word Iran comes from the word Aryan who were a linguistic group of people who moved into the Middle East and Europe around 1800 BC .

The term "Iran" derives immediately from Middle Persian Ērān, which in turn comes from Old Persian airya, which in English is the same word as Aryan .
0 Replies