Please help identify

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 04:04 pm
I believe the artist's name is CT Bate. It is a painting of fruit, I believe it was painted around 1865-1875, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm hoping to find the title of the painting, and any other info on the artist.

I don't see an option to post a picture, but do have pics I can send.

Regards,

Bob
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 672 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 01:50 pm
@Bobharris5426,
Ticomaya wrote:
How to add an image to A2K in 6 painfully easy steps:

1. Navagate to "imgur.com." You can type those words in the browser address area each time, or perhaps if you're feeling adventurous, save it as a bookmark/favorite.

2. Click on "Computer" in the "Upload images" section on the page. You might have to look for this, but it's sorta toward the upper right of the page.

3. Navigate to your image on your computer. (Pretend you are going to email it to a friend.)

4. Click "Start Upload".

(Seconds later .... Voila ... your image is now hosted on the Internet!)

5. Copy the link to the image, which is found to the right of the displayed image. (I use the "BBCode" link, and just paste that directly into my A2K post -- it adds the IMG codes so I don't have to. Otherwise you can use the "Direct Link" and add those codes yourself.)

6. Paste the link into your A2K post (using the IMG codes if using the "Direct Link" method, or without using the IMG codes if using the "BBCode" method.)

(Voila again ... you have just added a link of your image to your post. Always preview to make sure it worked properly.)

Note: The IMG codes should like something like this, as they surround the link to your image in your post:
Code:[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Kxym77c.png[/IMG]

facebook is also a good hosting site...
0 Replies

Ulrika

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 09:39 am
Happy Saturday all....This is my first time here so apologies if I'm approaching this incorrectly. I've recently inherited a lot of artwork. 2 paintings I like are from "van gool" (it's a medium sized oil of a "city" building) and the other is from "Pollard" (this is a medium sized oil, I think, of a cityscape/building by night/lghts reflecting off a river by a bridge). I imagine this may be too vague but, should anyone have any notion(s), many thanks in advance!
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 11:40 am
@Ulrika,
Jan van Gool (Dutch) was a painter of mainly landscape scenes with cows. I am not sure if you have a original painting of his.
Brian Pollard is a British painter of naive scenes, his paintings run on average
at $1500.
0 Replies