mold in water coolers

Sun 12 Jul, 2015 08:10 am
Myself and some colleagues at work are experiencing stomach pains
Gastrointestinal problems . We have found out the filter in the water cooler was not changed and mold was growing in the tray. Could mold In this way be making us sick ???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,535 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Sun 12 Jul, 2015 08:31 am
@wendywoo54,
Definitely - it sounds dirty, too (e. g. bacteria).

Go to your doctor and tell him or her your symptoms.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sun 12 Jul, 2015 09:24 am
@wendywoo54,
That tray catches water that spilled after you pour, correct? Is there' contact with the drinking water?

If that filter touches water that you're drinking, that is definitely a possibility (or even a probability) that people are getting gastro problems from it.
wendywoo54

Sun 12 Jul, 2015 10:54 am
@Ragman,
Well yes we would place our cups on it . Apparently people had been tipping
Old drinks into It and resulted in being mold. 6 out of 7 people in the offic have been sick . V scary I've been really poorly with stomach ache about 6 weeks
Thanks for responses
Ragman

Sun 12 Jul, 2015 04:32 pm
@wendywoo54,
have you seen your doctor about the problem?

Clearly mold is toxic. The dispensing water cooler...filter has to be replaced on a periodic basis and parts should be cleaned with mild diluted bleach.

Contaminated components should be replaced. whoever was adding other drinks to the dispenser should be stopped. Proper maintenance schedules must be done.
wendywoo54

Mon 13 Jul, 2015 12:59 am
@Ragman,
I told the doctor colleagues were having same symptoms I have been going to the doctor for 8 weeks had tons tests so far no results as to what it is. I also
Got referred to the gastro enterologist who is doing more tests. The information has come to light recently about water cooler, which I will now tell doctor
I just didn't want to look stupid if there was not much chance that's the problem!! I think the doctor is fed up of me !! But I'm not getting better !!
0 Replies