[answered] How do you get into the Debate Room?

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 12:34 am
No need to repeat that question! lol!! I couldn't respond to a topic that interested me and wondered why.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,352 • Replies: 19
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 06:10 am
Go to Usergroups (top of the page) and click to ask to join one of the 3 groups with access -
Christians
Conservatives
Liberals

The group leader of the applicable group will have to approve your application, so how long that takes depends upon that person's schedule.

Marking this one answered.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 07:31 am
The debate room? Go down the hall to the first bank of elevators and take the third elevator on the right to the fourth floor. Take a left out of the elevators, go down the hall past the ladies room and you'll see a room called "Abuse". Open the door and ask anyone how to get to the debate room.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 07:49 am
NICK, HOW COULD YOU!? Debate Room standards are high, and members are not members for life.
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 11:20 pm
What if you do not believe yourself to be either Christian, conservative, or liberal? These are very extreme versions of values. I do not consider myself to be any of these types. What do I choose?

I would still like to know how to get into the Debate Room, just as an individual, that is not an extreme. How do I go about this?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 11:25 pm
The debate room was created for the usergroups, as this is its function. If you'd like to suggest a usergroup feel free to do so (no guarantees that it will be created).

As the point of the debate room is for usergroups to be able to define participation (as opposed to the general free-style forums), if you do not wish to be a member of any of them it poses an inherent problem to your participation in their threads.
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 12:12 am
I can choose one of the sides. I will go with Conservative. I tried the advice given to me and I was still not able to get into the Debate Room.

Ok, I am really that stupid! How do I enter this forum? It would not take my try, with the instructions given.

Would someone please draw me a picture!! I really would appreciate it! For some reason, the program is not letting me in. What steps do I take? Please be exact with answering!!
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 02:14 am
Wildflower63 wrote:
I can choose one of the sides. I will go with Conservative.

We went over this a while ago, you're a Democrat. The sooner you admit it the better off you'll be. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 02:19 am
Wildflower63 wrote:
I can choose one of the sides. I will go with Conservative. I tried the advice given to me and I was still not able to get into the Debate Room.

Ok, I am really that stupid! How do I enter this forum? It would not take my try, with the instructions given.

Would someone please draw me a picture!! I really would appreciate it! For some reason, the program is not letting me in. What steps do I take? Please be exact with answering!!

You have to " click to request membership" and then will happen what it says: you requested membership :wink:.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 02:47 am
Then the group leader of the conservative forum will consider your membership - and get back to you, one assumes.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 05:44 am
Wildflower- The Debate Room was created so that people who have an abiding interest in certain subjects, can have serious discussions concerning them. Unlike the regular forums, the Debate Room is not meant for casual interactions.

Quote:
I can choose one of the sides. I will go with Conservative.

That struck me as strange. I have never thought of you as a "political" person. When I took a quick perusal, I see that you rarely post to political threads.

I am curious as to your rationale for wanting to become involved in Conservative discussions.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 05:48 am
Well, isn't that to be discussed in that group?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 09:26 am
Wildflower63 wrote:

What I was trying to explain to you is that getting into the debate room is contigient on being accepted into one of the groups.

It was particularly ironic that you were saying you wanted in without even wanting to be a part of them because the groups themselves have this say (I'm not a member of any, and don't participate there).

Quote:
Ok, I am really that stupid! How do I enter this forum?

A usergroup has to accept your membership. If this does not happen, you don't.
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 02:58 pm
Phoenix, I understand your confusion as to why I have a problem choosing a clear political side. I have always voted Republican. Never voted for a Democrat in my entire life.

You are correct. I haven't posted at all on political issues here. RoverRoad has known me for a while. We used to use the same sites. This site happens to be a bit larger with forums that did not exist on the other sites we posted on. The new topics caught my attention and I posted on them for something new to me.

On the other sites, I posted a lot on political issues and made many topics in that forum also. I always sided as conservative. Rover thought I made the oddest Republican he had ever seen. He felt my posts were much more Liberal that I thought myself to be. Who me? Liberal? You have got to be kidding. Then I read my own political post. He was right.

The truth is, I have mixed views and really don't side together with either party. I agree with many points on both sides, which is why I said that I could go either way, liberal or conservative. I hope that explains why it is difficult for me to completely side one way or the other. I am somewhere in the middle, in view.

I hope that clarifies something that may sound a little strange. Really, it isn't. Many people are somewhere in the middle and have a difficult time completely siding one way or the other. Rover still thinks I'm a closet liberal! lol!

Why did I want in the debate room to begin with? I have participated in political debate before. I know it is on a more serious note than other forums. It is point/counterpoint. You don't insult anyone's view. You state your own only, if this Debate Room is like what I have participated in before.

It's just a time killer. Some topics I am very strong in opinion on and others I am not. I am capable of making a serious post without insulting anyone, believe it or not. lol!! I just thought it would be interesting is all.

I hope that I have clarified my interest and a statement that probably sounded a bit confusing.
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 03:22 am
Rover, why is it that you keep thinking I am a Democrat when I have never voted for one in my entire life?
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 02:19 am
I did notice a topic or two that I would like to post on, in the Debate Room. So far, I am viewed as unacceptable to post there. Why? I tried, once again to post there, on topics of interest. I am capable of a serious thought, belive it or not!

Am I just unacceptable? Why can't I get into the Debate Room? I feel that I made myself and position very clear. I don't get it!!

Would someone please explain to me why I am so unacceptable?
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 03:03 am
So you are not in a group:
jespah wrote:
Go to Usergroups (top of the page) and click to ask to join one of the 3 groups with access -
Christians
Conservatives
Liberals

The group leader of the applicable group will have to approve your application, so how long that takes depends upon that person's schedule.

Marking this one answered.

btw, if it is possible to quit a group? how?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:31 am
Just hit the button "Unsubscribe".
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:34 am
err, of course.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 02:56 am
Wildflower63 wrote:
Rover, why is it that you keep thinking I am a Democrat when I have never voted for one in my entire life?

Sorry Wild, I was just joking. I think they just want you to post more on Politics on this site before they let you into the conservative group for debating. I disagree with most of your politics so you must be a right winger Smile
0 Replies