Facebook - Fb Won't Load "Normal" Interface

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 03:58 pm
I am using Facebook on a PC under Windows 7.

The other day, I clicked on a link within Facebook (someone's Profile or Timeline, I believe) and the normal Facebook Interface went away and I was left with some cryptic message about creating ads. When I try to go to www.Faceboork.com, it takes me to a "text" screen that has a "Login" button and other text and links; however, the normal Facebook formatting is gone.
What might have happened and how do I get Facebook back? Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 864 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 04:17 pm
@dsmith4592,
You have to spell the link properly. Notice that www.facebook.com is not the same as www.faceboork.com?
dsmith4592

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 11:03 am
@Ragman,
Sorry, that was a typo. I've always spelled it correctly. In fact, the correct spelling has been bookmarked in all of my browsers for the last five years.
Ragman

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 11:09 am
@dsmith4592,
Quote:
I clicked on a link within Facebook (someone's Profile or Timeline, I believe)

I've no certain answer but as an educated guess, I can only suggest that you've either been hacked and something has taken over your FB login, such as a virus/spyware program. If it were me, I'd run virus checker and/or spyware remover.

Also, change how you FB login to FB if you used favorites link . Something may have taken over your login, perhaps.
0 Replies