Damn dog got skunked

patiodog

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 10:36 am
It's a dog thread, ain't it? Just announcing my presence.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 10:38 am
sniff, sniff, sniffsniffsniff . . .

You ain't been eatin' healthy lately, ol' dog, ya know?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 10:46 am
i know. why do you think i'm eating this grass?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 08:08 pm
<scrunchienose>

So, could the smell be getting worse? It seems so to me. Perhaps the skin absorbed some of the spray and is releasing it now? Or maybe the skunked mouth which was never washed has been spreading the molecules around the outer-dog? She needs another bath, but I'm way too tired to do it now.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 08:38 pm
It can take a couple baths to do it, littlek. Just be glad the pup doen't weigh 150 pounds and hate baths. Believe me, that's a challenge.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 08:42 pm
Yeah, but it's become worse than 2 days ago. Oh well. Bath 2 may have to wait until friday.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 09:35 pm
If ya don't do nuthin', it usually wears off on its own in a couple weeks or so ... sooner if the pup stays out through a few good rains Twisted Evil
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 12:14 am
aw, not my old poochie princess. I baking soda'd her face, ears, neck and chest. Then I remembered I had a little burt's bee's doggie pack. It has, among other things, breath freshening juice and scented powder. I used both on her tonight. Bath tomorrow!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 11:14 am
Ya sure your sniffin' the right end, k? Boxers are born stinkers, after all...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 04:29 pm
Well, if'n she's farting the skunk, at least it's on the way out. She had another bath (warm water, vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen per oxide, and dish soap gently rubbed in with a nylon scrub thingie) and had more baking soda packed onto her damp fur. Poor dog. She still stinks. The bathtub and shower curtains are now clean as well.
0 Replies