Spider Missing

SCoates

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 03:13 pm
How did you find out what her name was? I've asked spiders all sorts of questions, and have not received any definitive answers.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 03:38 pm
Hi Roger! Yes, long time no see, but we do hope you will visit us in ABQ--we'll be moving by the end of the week. I'll PM you with our new address and phone #.

Yes, Dys would be as interested as I in the spider's web.

Noddy, I had heard of spider webs being helpful in stopping the bleeding of small cuts. Thinking about it, it makes good sense.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 03:47 pm
good for you d & d, another (two) reasons to try to get to new mexico.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 06:37 pm
Lemme know, pueo. I'll rearrange my schedule, too.

The name just naturally followed from her delicate features and graceful mannerisms, SCoates
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 06:49 pm
Spiders are ok anywhere in my house (and out of it) except for the walls and ceiling around my bed. Those I catch and release in the back hall. When I was growing up, I'd release them in which-ever-family-member-I-was-mad-at's room.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 07:21 pm
I heard that a spider was caught trying to leave the country with some stolen credit cards. I'm sure it's just a coincidence and your spider was not involved but check your cards just to make sure.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 12:20 am
Oh my goodness- a pilfering spider. Could Princess be a second story, er bathroom, thief?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 11:22 pm
Jaysus! You mean they let her go - cards and all!?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 01:04 pm
Indeed Roger. You would think in these post 9-11 days undocumented spiders would either be locked up or squashed but once in a while one makes it across the border disguised as a regular tourist-spider.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 01:25 pm
Okay, no problem. I'd hate to see Princess end up in Guantanamo, or something, over a few maxed out cards.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 01:34 pm
roger, what took you over a year to respond to diane's timely post? princess is probably long dead!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 01:37 pm
Well, she may be, but we don't know that, do we? Should I just write her off because we haven't heard anything.

I don't know, Dag. I don't check the old threads often enough. Bad Host!
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 07:20 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Some weeks ago Mrs edgarblythe moved some toys around in a box on the floor. She carried a jumprope or something out for the kids to play with. Suddenly she got a spider bite on her upper wrist. Well, for a few weeks it seemed to be getting better and healing over. But she awoke one morning with the bite feeling painful; it had a black substance sitting on top. The doctor gave her a shot and advised her to use a double strength antibiotic ointment til it got well. She's okay now.
I also know a woman who got bitten while in bed. It left a painful mark on her cheek. The one that attacked her was possibly one of several that had been living along the corner of the ceiling and wall. She is in her eighties and not able to clean as well as she once did. I exterminated the little "pets" for her.

I sounds like your wife was bitten by a brown recluse, Edgar. Their bite is nasty and they should be killed. Brown recluses hide under things and chase their prey down, but don't build webs. The spiders living in the webs on the wall almost assuredly weren't the culprits that bit the elderly lady. You might check her bedroom again looking in between the matress and springs and other hiding places lest she gets bit again. A brown relcuse bite can be serious, especially for the elderly.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 08:22 pm
Black widows make a web that looks suspiciously like a cobweb.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 01:10 pm
You people (including my wife) are WAAAAY too tolerant of spiders. They're like cats - really nice to be around, as long as they're outside eating varmints! :-) We have hobo spiders in the house here, and - thank God - our dog really enjoys killing them. All we have to do is yell "Goofy! Spider!" and she runs them down and eats them off the floor. The only ones I truly like are the Cat-faced spiders, because they kill and eat Black Widows. Even the guy who sprays houses around town won't kill them when he sprays - he moves them if he spots them.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 01:46 pm
Is the cat-faced spider an export item?
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 05:55 pm
I thought the little buggers were all over the West. You don't have them in the Land of Enchantment?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 08:14 pm
Roger
How long have you and princess known eachother?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 07:26 am
She only shared a few precious weeks of her short life with me, Montana.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 07:38 am
my, that was a lifetime for princess, rog!
0 Replies