Confused in France; dinner with French girl, but still not a date?

izzythepush

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 10:13 am
@Lordyaswas,
I had a thing about Nerys Hughes long before I knew what having a thing was.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 10:21 am
@izzythepush,
You're likely lads!
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 10:22 am
@izzythepush,
Yes, she was definitely a beauty. A perfect look for that era.

Tits were nice as well.
0 Replies

van1van

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 12:56 pm
@izzythepush,
Wait, I've been in the US for long time, and I dated couple of times. NEVER it happened that a stranger woman gave me her phone number at a bar, went to a dinner with me after 8PM, and we were still strictly friends after the dinner. I'd not say I dated a lot, but even from my limited experience, that's the gist.

Are you telling me that in the UK, newly met people just hang out, go to dinner or watch movies together and there's nothing going on beyond the friend zone?

I'm not opposing your view, but I'd be happy to learn it with some illustrated examples/explanation (no sarcasm here).
van1van

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 12:57 pm
@izzythepush,
And also, people normally don't SAY explicitly that it's a date. if the conversation goes well, and you find attracted, you just kiss (or more).
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 01:03 pm
@van1van,
Incorrect.

In Britain we first have to introduce our dogs in order to see if we are going to be compatible.

If that goes OK, then respective parents are informed, and formal afternoon tea is arranged.

0 Replies

van1van

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 01:03 pm
@CalamityJane,
Calamity Jane: my knowledge from reading the forums agree with you. But then again, I was told it probably depends upon which part if Europe. French I belive are different from the UK, and both are different from Scandinevia.

Thank you though. You know how hard it is to hang out with a beautiful woman I feel attracted to and still refrain from kissing her? But I guess I'll be just friends for the moment. Wish I knew some first class seduction for French women.
0 Replies

van1van

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 01:05 pm
@PUNKEY,
Thanks PUNKEY. Yes, please, let God make her make a move on me! Smile
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 02:19 pm
@van1van,
Quote:
please do refrain from making jokes or sarcastic comments.

Maybe if you stop being such a dick, people will stop making "jokes or sarcastic comments".
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 03:43 pm
@van1van,
In the UK we tend to get drunk at parties, or in a nightclub, and then shag someone. If you see them again it's a date.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 03:52 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
In the UK we tend to get drunk at parties, or in a nightclub, and then shag someone.

If we're really drunk and they turn out to be a family member or a pet, then obviously it doesn't count.
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 03:16 pm
@van1van,
well, rule no. 1: never trust a woman Smile

In EU we don't usually kiss each other just like that (unless you are Russian). If she spends time with you and let you touch her either give it a time - there is a chance - or leave it (French are unpredictable and conceited. I think it might take you some time. Possibly use some manipulative tactics too? Don't trust women. Mostly not French Smile.
van1van

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 03:28 am
@Vernon of Prague,
Thank you, there's something meaningful in your reply!

You're from Europe it seems? If you don't mind, can I ask where? You don't have to say!

Well, last time when I was leaving, I actually kissed both of her cheeks (actually I was in her car, so held her left cheek in my hand and kissed the right cheek first) with my lip. She took it for sure, but didn't kiss my cheeks haha. In France, they normally touch cheeks and kiss the air, without actually kissing the cheeks (it happens, but for more close people).

We also talked twice since and texted regarding out dinner this Friday and in general. Pray for me Smile
izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 05:29 am
@van1van,
van1van wrote:
You're from Europe it seems? If you don't mind, can I ask where?

Why not take a wild guess? Going out on a limb I'd say he's from Prague. Don't know what gave me that idea.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 05:29 am
@van1van,
van1van wrote:
Well, last time when I was leaving, I actually kissed both of her cheeks (actually I was in her car, so held her left cheek in my hand and kissed the right cheek first) with my lip. She took it for sure, but didn't kiss my cheeks haha. In France, they normally touch cheeks and kiss the air, without actually kissing the cheeks (it happens, but for more close people).
In French, Faire la bise means “to give a kiss” and generally refers to the practice of kissing cheeks during greetings and goodbyes. In most parts of France, la bise consists of one kiss on each cheek. Generally it’s not an actual kiss, but a quick touch with the lips accompanied by a kissing noise. (In some regions, it's done several times.)
It's common to do so with people you have already met, even when you meet friends-of-friends for the first time.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 05:36 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Why not take a wild guess? Going out on a limb I'd say he's from Prague. Don't know what gave me that idea.
My guess: he's originally from Prague and now a Vernonnais. Wink
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 05:47 am
@izzythepush,
Another snorter!

Love it.
0 Replies

van1van

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 06:18 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It was more than a quick touch lol. Plus they never hold the other cheek in the palm (which I did), so I touched bit of her hair too at the same time.
0 Replies