Marlon Brando dead at 80

Thok

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 10:26 am
Quote:
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Marlon Brando, one of the most influential actors of his generation, has died, according to media reports citing his lawyer. He was 80.

A family friend told Fox News that Brando died on Thursday night at 6:20 p.m. (11:20 p.m. British time) in a Los Angeles-area hospital after being taken there on Wednesday. The cause of death was not immediately known.

Brando, with his broken nose and rebel nature, established a more naturalistic style of acting and defined American macho for a generation with classic performances in "A Streetcar Named Desire" (1951), "The Wild One" (1953) and "On the Waterfront" (1954).

To many, Brando remained the motorcycle-riding rebel he played in "The Wild One". Asked what he was rebelling against, Brando replied, "Whaddya got?"

Brando won an Academy Award for "On the Waterfront" and another for his brooding, at times mumbling, portrayal of the patriarch of a Mafia family in "The Godfather" (1972).

REUTERS
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 489 • Replies: 2
No top replies

doglover

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 06:15 pm
Cause of death not yet known? Hmmm. He lived to be old for someone being so overweight. They might have to use 8 pallbearers instead of the standard 6. Confused

Brando was a good actor. My two favorite films of his were The Godfather and On The Waterfront.

Wasn't he an athiest? I think I heard that some time ago, but I'm not sure.

R.I.P. Mr. Brando.

0 Replies

Thok

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 12:19 am
cause of death: his lung quit
0 Replies