If you had the chance ...

extra medium

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 10:25 pm
Rayvatrap wrote:
Sorry to hear that - extra medium - but is somebody that has affected the whole outcome of the human race in one way or the other.

Oh...well, in that case, I call BS:

None of any of the above has affected the "whole outcome of the human race."

This is a whole new discussion thread. Maybe every person who ever lived affected the whole outcome of the human race. Or no one did all that.

Take an isolated pre-contact tribe in 17th century New Guinea. They lived after Shakespeare, Moses, Jesus, Leonardo, etc., and their "outcome" was not affected by any of these people.

It is possible that no one has affected "whole outcome of the human race."

Well, except Michael Jackson, that is.
0 Replies

Juliett84

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 12:32 am
I would go back and meet Hitler and sarcastically ask "Hey, why bother?"
0 Replies

ReX

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 05:47 am
I'd ask buddha to write more stuff down.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 03:04 pm
Rex, IMHO the Buddha might ask what you recommend he write. Then he would tell you to meditate on it until you realize its absurdity.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 03:50 pm
Rayvatrap wrote:
Agrote - ..... Confused I don't really know what to say about your answer. You don't seem to care for rules or laws - at least not for those ones...

No... is that wrong? Confused
Please explain.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 09:13 pm
I'd go back and ask you why you posted this question if all you're gonna do is make shallow one-liner critiques of everyone's responses?
Rolling Eyes

And if since you're into all these rules, please follow your own "rules." As great as he was, Leonardo da Vinci didn't "affect the whole outcome of the human race."

Please pick someone else. Who do do you choose?
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 04:10 am
extra medium wrote:
I'd go back and ask you why you posted this question if all you're gonna do is make shallow one-liner critiques of everyone's responses?

Yeah! Very Happy
0 Replies

Scarlettmarsden

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 06:21 am
Buddah,
and I'd ask him to tell me one thing that will help me carry through anything the rest of my life.
Or.....
man I can't think. My mind doesn't seem to go back right about now.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 06:49 am
I would follow Jesus

No question needed, just touch the hem of his robe.

Would any of you who picked Jesus have the courage to admit you knew him while he was being hunted down?
0 Replies

ReX

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 09:06 am
JLN, I know. I realised it the moment I wrote it down and suspected it the moment the thought occurred to me. Nevertheless, too many different interpretations have been made. Too many different paths. Of course, 84000 might just be enough instead of too many Smile

Now to dissect your post :p
ReX
Write it right please :-) If you have any preference on how I should refer to you (other than Your holiness) please let me know

[/i]IMHO the Buddha might ask what you recommend he write.[/i]
I would suspect such a thing aswell from him, the wise crack. I'd just want him to let as much as possible be noted.

Then he would tell you to meditate on it until you realize its absurdity.
Which should not take long.

I guess, in the end, none of us really have anything to ask to anybody. We all have the answers to the questions that do not need solving ourselves. But what the heck, just for fun :p
Even Einstein said: I want to know Gods thoughts, everything else are details.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 02:27 pm
I would say to Mordechai Anielewicz 'You will be remembered' (I just read an article about the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising).
0 Replies

Rayvatrap

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 06:59 pm
extra medium wrote:
Rolling Eyes

And if since you're into all these rules, please follow your own "rules." As great as he was, Leonardo da Vinci didn't "affect the whole outcome of the human race."

Please pick someone else. Who do do you choose?

Is your girlfriend in any history book? Is she known of around the world for what she has done? Has anything - such as art, science, countries, etc been affected directly or indirectly by her?
Then, you should share her name so we all know who you are talking about.

I am not making shallow comments on anybodies responses, if you pay attention to what everybody respond, you might learn something from their nature and their point of view about life. Plus, this forum is called "philosophy & Debate".
0 Replies

Rayvatrap

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 07:07 pm
agrote wrote:
Rayvatrap wrote:
Agrote - ..... Confused I don't really know what to say about your answer. You don't seem to care for rules or laws - at least not for those ones...

No... is that wrong? Confused
Please explain.

No, there is nothing wrong about it - you are a free spirit & not much for religious rules - not that I am Twisted Evil
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 04:44 am
Rayvatrap wrote:
this forum is called "philosophy & Debate".

Right, let's have a debate then. What are the benefits of following the ten commandments?
0 Replies

Rayvatrap

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 09:04 am
To me? not much at all but for that one you will have to start a new topic!
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 10:38 am
Nah... I can't be bothered. Nevermind.
0 Replies

limbodog

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 12:54 pm
My quick and cheap answer would be the inventors of the miniskirt and bikini respectively to shake their hands.

But to be more serious, I'd like to invite Paul (from the Bible) to dinner and see if I could figure out just what went on for that 30 or so years.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 12:54 pm
limbodog wrote:
My quick and cheap answer would be the inventors of the miniskirt and bikini respectively to shake their hands.

Good one Mr. Green
0 Replies

limbodog

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 12:59 pm
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
Good one Mr. Green

As the sweet potato said: "I yam what I yam".
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 01:02 pm
OK, Puzz (Mexican accent) Cool
0 Replies