[answered]"Action cancelled" messages ...

msolga

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:18 am
Edit: Moderator: Moved from Internet to Forum Help

I've had to do all sorts of tinkering since having most programs re-installed on my computer. Thanks to Craven & other kind souls here, I'm fixing the glitches, bit by bit ...

Here are the next things that are baffling me:

Problem #1 After posting on A2K, as I get the message telling me that my message has been successfully posted, the page is headed: "action cancelled". This appears where the ad. at the top if the A2k page usually is. Then, when I view the thread with my new message on it, I often have an "action cancelled" message down the right hand side of the screen, where the advertisements usually are. Does anyone know what's happening & why? Also how to fix it?

Problem #2 - The spellcheck has taken to appearing on the far right of the screen Confused & the information from the check ( "ignore", etc.) can't be accessed. How can I centre the spellcheck, so I can use it?

A2K is the only forum I've been posting to, so I don't know if I'd have the same problem on other sites. I suspect it's some sort of problem with my computer.

I hope this makes sense!

Thank you in advance,
Olga
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,565 • Replies: 3
No top replies

doglover

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 08:16 am
msolga, for the past week or so I have gotten the action cancelled message also. This happens sometimes (not always) when I post a reply and hit submit. My screen goes completely to A2K blue. Confused
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 10:57 am
Re: "Action cancelled" messages ...
msolga wrote:
Problem #1 After posting on A2K, as I get the message telling me that my message has been successfully posted, the page is headed: "action cancelled". This appears where the ad. at the top if the A2k page usually is. Then, when I view the thread with my new message on it, I often have an "action cancelled" message down the right hand side of the screen, where the advertisements usually are. Does anyone know what's happening & why? Also how to fix it?

This simply means the ads did not load. There's nothing to fix on your computer, just means someone's ad server had a problem on their end or that you have something blocking the ads (which isn't a problem for you).

Quote:
Problem #2 - The spellcheck has taken to appearing on the far right of the screen Confused & the information from the check ( "ignore", etc.) can't be accessed. How can I centre the spellcheck, so I can use it?

Like almost any popup window you can move it wherever you want. Just click the top bar and drag.

Quote:
A2K is the only forum I've been posting to, so I don't know if I'd have the same problem on other sites. I suspect it's some sort of problem with my computer.

Botyh of your reports are perfectly normal computer behavior requiring explanations, and not a fix.

I guess that's good news. ;-)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 08:03 pm
Thank you again, Craven. Yep, good news! There has been so much "adjusting" since the work done on my computer I assumed something else needed to be fixed. It's good to know that isn't the case! Very Happy
0 Replies