How do you think Chinese culture?

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 08:31 am
China has a long history.And it also has traditional culture.However,it is great diffierent from the western culture.How do you think of Chinese culture?Are you interested in it?

Afraz0307

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 09:05 am
@rachel19961203,
Chinese culture has thousands of years' history.And I think it's the symbol of the Asia culture.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 09:18 am
@rachel19961203,
Most human cultures are unique and have long histories. Those facts are irrelevant. The relevant question is, 'How is this culture advancing humanity today?' I don't think the US is doing very well, but I'm not sure China is doing any better. Seems to me that the Scandinavian countries are on the best track.
0 Replies

strepsils

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 01:48 am
I'm Chinese, what I could share to you is we're profoundly affected by Confucianism. But recent ten years, western culture is sinked in China and children like it very much, in a word, Chinese culture is constantly changing.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 06:18 am
Incidentally, in my college days I was really into Tai Chi (Yang Style). I still think it's a great thing to do, but sadly I don't practice anymore. I should probably consider getting back into it.
0 Replies

GorDie

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 10:08 am
@rachel19961203,
"How do I think OF Chinese culture?" / "How do I think OF China's culture?"

I love China. If China Agrees to purge the homos from America. I would be the most gracious of slaves to China. IF they refuse... I respect china abundantly... but I'd still be depressed we have homos.

I love Chinese culture. I respect their people, government, and history.

Chinese kids however keep living turtles in key chains. which is cruel.
Chinese food is typically not kept well. They sell old meat. They use too many preservatives.
China does not use Cultural development when they urbanize areas. They use concrete like a Caucasian would. Which is disgraceful.

I am racists, because of the fact that I am Caucasian and think like a white person and act like one. SO I would want a Caucasian culture to persist regardless. I am like a fish, I know where I come from, that will always be a part of me, I will go back to the same pool to spawn.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 10:36 am
@rachel19961203,
If China is thousands of miles away from the U.S., how does it matter what that culture is? If the inference of the question is what do I think of Chinese culture that is exported to the U.S., I just prefer the U.S. culture.
GorDie

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 10:55 am
@Foofie,
neither of those statements were answers to the question. You are trolling Foofie. She asked us to explain our opinions not express them. Buck up. American culture is concrete and taxes.
Foofie

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2015 09:53 am
@GorDie,
GorDie wrote:

neither of those statements were answers to the question. You are trolling Foofie. She asked us to explain our opinions not express them. Buck up. American culture is concrete and taxes.

She is not the teacher. I answered as I chose to. That is not trolling, especially when the question was stated in poor English starting with the word, "How," not "What," as it should have been.

But, since you are willing to be a surrogate, I think Chinese culture is inferior to western culture, because there seems to be little emphasis on gratitude. Meaning, we saved them, by getting the Japanese out of China and Korea, and then five years later they were killing American soldiers in the Korean Conflict. Real ingrates; they would have had more Japanese biological warfare in Manchuria, if we didn't end the war quickly. And then they were helping the North Vietnamese a decade or so after Korea. More ingratitude.

Or, are they just self-centered to a fault?
0 Replies