A Mystical Experience with the Son of God [Jesus Christ]

Patches

Mon 4 May, 2015 09:01 am
@FBM,
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that anyone is free to post in any thread, according to forum rules. Are you trying to suppress freedom of speech?
You can post in this thread. But, please do not come onto this Christian thread fanatically bashing Christianity and promoting Atheism as you did on my last Christian thread. I find this disruptive and highly offensive. And can assure you that trolling is against forum rules.
Patches

Mon 4 May, 2015 09:04 am
@neologist,
Quote:
As for their mortality, do you suppose God is not capable of removing the life force from one to whom he has given it?
God is capable of doing anything. They are still immortal. Do you believe that the angels in heaven are merely mortal as well?

PS: God could remove the life from Himself. Does that make Him mortal as well? Laughing
neologist

Mon 4 May, 2015 09:10 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
God is capable of doing anything. They are still immortal. Do you believe that the angels in heaven are mortal as well?
Of course. Do you have any scriptural evidence to show they are not?
neologist

Mon 4 May, 2015 09:24 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
PS: God could remove the life from Himself. Does that make Him mortal as well? Laughing
What makes you believe that?
Patches

Mon 4 May, 2015 09:27 am
@neologist,
We are talking about basic fundamental Christian beliefs.
Patches

Mon 4 May, 2015 09:28 am
@neologist,
Quote:
What makes you believe that?
He is omnipotent and can do anything.
0 Replies

Patches

Mon 4 May, 2015 09:53 am
@neologist,
I found your place as a student of Christian theology.
https://ethicsalarms.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/dunce-cap.jpg
Laughing ... Laughing ... Laughing ... Laughing ... Laughing ... Laughing ... Laughing ... Laughing ... Laughing... Laughing
FBM

Mon 4 May, 2015 10:11 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that anyone is free to post in any thread, according to forum rules. Are you trying to suppress freedom of speech?
You can post in this thread. But, please do not come onto this Christian thread fanatically bashing Christianity and promoting Atheism as you did on my last Christian thread. I find this disruptive and highly offensive. And can assure you that trolling is against forum rules.

Oh, you want to describe me as a fanatic? When all I do is ask for evidence and point out logical fallacies and absence of evidence? Seriously? While you're *NOT* a fanatic for claiming magical, supernatural, evidence-free, illogical, counter-factual anecdotes define the structure, cause and fate of the entire universe and everybody in it? Seriously? http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/coffeescreen.gif
Patches

Mon 4 May, 2015 10:13 am
@FBM,
Whatever, dude.
FBM

Mon 4 May, 2015 10:14 am
@Patches,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/1150353_1015618285120289_5947343366330361103_n.jpg
neologist

Mon 4 May, 2015 10:22 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
We are talking about basic fundamental Christian beliefs.
Are you saying it is in the Bible? OK, where?
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 4 May, 2015 10:35 am
@Patches,
Christian theology. . .
Interesting. . .

So you assert that correct "theology" consists of defending your unsubstantiated exegeses from reasonable inquiry by returning foppery?

FBM

Mon 4 May, 2015 10:39 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

Whatever, dude.

Translation: I don't have a logical response that any rational, well educated person would accept.
0 Replies

Patches

Mon 4 May, 2015 10:43 am
@neologist,
At least I showed you the decency of calling you a student and not a false teacher.
ehBeth

Mon 4 May, 2015 10:48 am
@FBM,
Interesting. The mixed fabric came up earlier today.

We were trying to figure out where that one came from. Shellfish and pork prohibitions make sense given the food handling protocols 3/4000 years ago.
raprap

Mon 4 May, 2015 10:48 am
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 4 May, 2015 10:51 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Interesting. The mixed fabric came up earlier today.

We were trying to figure out where that one came from. Shellfish and pork prohibitions make sense given the food handling protocols 3/4000 years ago.

I can see that, but more along the lines of helpful advice, not so much "or you'll burn in hell for all eternity if you eat it" approach. Wink
ehBeth

Mon 4 May, 2015 10:53 am
@FBM,
more like you'd die from eating poorly stored pork or crustaceans
0 Replies

Patches

Mon 4 May, 2015 11:01 am
@FBM,
Quote:
I can see that, but more along the lines of helpful advice, not so much "or you'll burn in hell for all eternity if you eat it" approach. Wink
You are a flagrant liar. Scripture does not say that anyone will go to hell on account of a diet. I suppose that you are the person who messes up the tags on the threads as well? Or, are you going to hide your evil?
neologist

Mon 4 May, 2015 11:12 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
At least I showed you the decency of calling you a student and not a false teacher.
I am sorry to admit I cannot call you a student. A student learns.
But I won't label you a false teacher, either.
You are a sad example of one clinging desperately to his confirmation bias.