A Mystical Experience with the Son of God [Jesus Christ]

Patches

Sun 3 May, 2015 02:07 pm
For those who like Celine Dion.

0 Replies

Patches

Sun 3 May, 2015 02:57 pm
We were created to be with God in the afterlife. And to go against this is to go against all that we were created for. The person would have been better off had he/she not been born. The spirits without God in the afterlife are in ruins. They are evil with hatred in their hearts and of no worth or value.

Mathew 26:24. The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to the man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born."
neologist

Sun 3 May, 2015 03:33 pm
@Patches,
Actually, we were created for life on earth
Quote:
Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.” (Genesis 1:28)
Quote:
For this is what Jehovah says,
The Creator of the heavens, the true God,
The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it,
Who did not create it simply for nothing, but formed it to be inhabited:
“I am Jehovah, and there is no one else. (Isaiah 45:18)
Quote:
As for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah,
But the earth he has given to the sons of men.(Psalm 115:16)
Need more? There's plenty. Just ask.
Patches

Sun 3 May, 2015 03:53 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Actually, we were created for life on earth
Are you even Christian? We were created to be with God like Adam and Eve were. God is no longer on Earth. Jesus, the New Adam has opened up heaven for us.

Although, I do recall Jesus mentioning that He would leave a few behind. Perhaps, He was referring to the JW's. To each according to his/her faith. Laughing

Patches

Sun 3 May, 2015 04:04 pm
http://1l9kpm1qx3lz3bm1sp3tgqxl23a.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/newton-ten-thousand-years.jpg
0 Replies

neologist

Sun 3 May, 2015 04:13 pm
@Patches,
Apparently you do need more
But first.
Are you saying this gorgeous planet God created is insufficient for your exalted personage?
Then why were so many angels willing to forsake their relationship with the God who loved them for a few years of earthly dalliance?
Be sure, when you pray, to remind God of his failure.
Patches

Sun 3 May, 2015 04:25 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Apparently you do need more
No thank you.

Quote:
Are you saying this gorgeous planet God created is insufficient for your exalted personage?
I am saying that I am spirit and will be with my God who is spirit in heaven.

Quote:
Then why were so many angels willing to forsake their relationship with the God who loved them for a few years of earthly dalliance?
They disrespected God and were cast from heaven to earth as part of their punishment.
0 Replies

Patches

Sun 3 May, 2015 04:39 pm
@neologist,
So, you believe that Jesus is going to leave you here with the demons of the Netherworld? You do underestimate the power of the blood. And undervalue the Lord's sacrifice. I had a JW friend once and she said that you people do not think as highly of Jesus as other Christians. Jesus is the Son of God. Shame on you people.
Patches

Sun 3 May, 2015 07:28 pm
http://www.comments.zingerbugimages.com/glitter_graphics/smile_jesus_loves_you.gif
0 Replies

neologist

Sun 3 May, 2015 07:29 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
So, you believe that Jesus is going to leave you here with the demons of the Netherworld? You do underestimate the power of the blood. And undervalue the Lord's sacrifice. I had a JW friend once and she said that you people do not think as highly of Jesus as other Christians. Jesus is the Son of God. Shame on you people.
You do know that Satan and his demons are mortal, don't you?

I don't know what your JW friend may have told you, but it's quite obvious from our conversations that you could not possibly have grasped the meaning of anything she said.

As for Jesus, there is no question that without him we would have no future.

And, where did you get the idea that earth is the netherworld or that such a word is even mentioned in scripture?
FBM

Sun 3 May, 2015 07:32 pm
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/11196294_923819154306685_8818052720957058110_n.png
0 Replies

Patches

Sun 3 May, 2015 07:48 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Shocked...that's ridiculous; are you?...Drunk get real...Rolling Eyes Demons have been around before the creation of mankind and they are still around. I should know, I have seen two of them.

Quote:
And, where did you get the idea that earth is the netherworld or that such a word is even mentioned in scripture?
The netherworld is the world of the dead and it is right here on earth. It is a world full of demonic influences. It is were the devils reside. It is were you say you are going to be when you die.

Or, has God set aside a bosom on earth just for JW's? Laughing

Idea I'd be careful of what you wish for. You may just get it.
FBM

Sun 3 May, 2015 07:59 pm
Until somebody comes up with some genuine evidence for this god-thing, you may as well be arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Rolling Eyes
Patches

Sun 3 May, 2015 08:07 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Until somebody comes up with some genuine evidence for this god-thing, you may as well be arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.
This thread was started as a testimonial for bearing witness. And is a discussion of Christianity. If you are looking for "evidence," you will have to look elsewhere. If you are looking for a thread to bash on Christianity and promote Atheism, go to an Atheism thread.
FBM

Sun 3 May, 2015 08:19 pm
@Patches,
I'm pretty sure that anyone is free to post in any thread, according to forum rules. Are you trying to suppress freedom of speech?
neologist

Sun 3 May, 2015 08:32 pm
@Patches,
I wrote:
You wrote:
Shocked...that's ridiculous; are you?...Drunk get real...Rolling Eyes Demons have been around before the creation of mankind and they are still around. I should know, I have seen two two of them.
I have no doubt about your visions, but sin did not exist until Genesis, ch 3.

As for their mortality, do you suppose God is not capable of removing the life force from one to whom he has given it?
FBM

Sun 3 May, 2015 08:50 pm
http://www.bidstrup.com/mystic.htm

Quote:
Viola! Instant God Experience!
Dr. Michael Persinger, working at Laurentian University, in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, has pioneered a method for inducing the religious, spiritual experience of the shaman. Without drugs, herbs, hypnosis or invasive surgery, he can quite literally flip a switch and induce the experience of "god."
Using an ordinary striped yellow motorcycle helmet purchased at a sporting goods store, which he has modified with electromagnetic coils, he can place the helmet on your head, connect the wires to a device he has constructed that generates the proper signals, and when the magnetic fields produced by the coils penetrate the skull and into the temporal lobes of the brain, the result is the stimulation of those lobes and a religious experience results.

In common with the Hindu view that a confrontation with God is a confrontation with the self, the nine-hundred plus people who have undertaken the experience produced by Dr. Persinger's helmet have had some very profound experiences. Four out of five say that they've had experiences so profound they would be life-changing had they not understood the mechanistic underpinnings of what they had experienced.

How does Dr. Persinger's helmet work? It works by inducing very small electrical signals with tiny magnetically induced mechanical vibrations in the brain cells of the temporal lobes and other selected areas of the brain, located in the skull just above and forward of the ears. These lobes are the portions of the brain that produce the "Forty Hertz Component" of the brainwaves detected in electroencephalograms. These mysterious "forty hertz components" are present whenever you are awake or when you are in REM sleep. They are absent during deep, dreamless sleep. What the "forty hertz component" does is not well understood, but we know that it is always present during the experience of "self." We cannot have a "me" experience without the forty hertz component being present.

What this means is that the forty hertz component is essential to our experience of self. We cannot experience our sense of individuality without it. It stands to reason, then, that if the forty hertz component could somehow be suppressed, the sense of individuality would be suppressed with it, and indeed, this is what Dr. Persinger's helmet does. It turns off the forty hertz component and with it the sense of individuality which your brain uses to define "self" as opposed to "rest of the world."

When the brain is deprived of the self stimulation and sensory input that is required for it to define itself as being distinct from the rest of the world, the brain 'defaults' to a sense of infinity. The sense of self expands to fill whatever the brain can sense, and what it senses is the world, so the experience of the self simply expands to fill the perception of the world itself. One experiences becoming "one with the universe."

But What About the God Experience?

There are two temporal lobes in the brain, one on each side. The one on the left, in most people, is the dominant one, responsible for language, which becomes dominant when we first learn language as children. The one on the right, non-dominant, contributes to the sense of self with constant communication with its opposite colleague. But being on the far side of the brain, sometimes the communications get out of whack, often as a result of stress or disease, and the forty hertz component falls out of sync. When this happens, the result is that the normally silent right-hand sense of self becomes experienced as a separate presence by the left-hand sense of self.
This is the experience of the God presence. There is an overwhelming sense of presence, an inescapable feeling that someone is there. But when the forty hertz component is deeply attenuated or entirely absent from, say, the left side, and there's no "self" experience occurring, the feeling of unity with infinity is occuring with a sense of an overwhelming presence resulting from the continued operation of the right hand side, there is no way to describe it other than feeling that one has experienced the "infinite presence." Hence the God experience.

All of this has been verified not only experimentally with Dr. Persinger's helmet, but by use of high-tech brain scanning machines similar to the CAT and MRI scanners that many of us have experienced...

Bold is mine.
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 4 May, 2015 12:19 am
@Patches,
Perhaps FBM simply wishes to point out the logical incinsistencies of all pompous bloviations.

That seems a legitimate reason to post. Nothing to fume over.

I don't get upset when he tries to salt my stew. Why should you?
FBM

Mon 4 May, 2015 02:21 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Perhaps FBM simply wishes to point out the logical incinsistencies of all pompous bloviations.

That seems a legitimate reason to post. Nothing to fume over.

I don't get upset when he tries to salt my stew. Why should you?

That's the very reason I respect you and enjoy dialog with you, neo. Even though we don't agree on everything, you're very intellectually honest, in my experience, and don't resort to ad homs at the drop of a hat.
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 4 May, 2015 06:36 am
0 Replies