Reagan had air traffic controllers, Walmart has wage protestors = same result

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 07:35 am
I particularly try to avoid Chinese food stuffs, for humans and pets.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:33 pm
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/20/business/laid-off-walmart-workers-head-to-labor-board.html?_r=0
Laid-Off Walmart Workers Head to Labor Board
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Walmart said that the closings were temporary and were prompted by plumbing issues at the five stores, in California, Texas, Oklahoma and Florida. Officials at the retailer said they would do their best to rehire the workers at other stores or at the five stores once they reopened.

But a claim set to be filed on Monday by the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union with the National Labor Relations Board says that the closings were in retaliation for a history of labor activism at one of the shuttered stores, in Pico Rivera, Calif. The union is acting on behalf of Our Walmart, a group that has helped the stores’ workers air their claims, but is not a union itself.

If that is all they have this should take about 30 minutes.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 12:16 am
@hawkeye10,
Seriously, do they have even one piece of evidence for their claims, because I am sorry but "we know why you did it" counts for zilch in any just society, especially in the practice of any governmental or quasi governmental agency.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 03:40 pm
MacDonald's raised wages for their corporation owned restaurants, but not the franchises. Now they are planning to make the corporation owned locations franchises. So I read about a week or two ago. Don't recall the source.
0 Replies