Do you think the huge expansion of Wall-Mart has hurt good job growth here in the United States

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 07:20 pm
Do you think that the very fast expansion of Wall-Mart has hurt both the middle class because of Wall-Marts suppliers outsourcing manufacturing jobs overseas and the actual wages being held back as a direct result of Wall-Marts policies.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,589 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 07:57 pm
I don't blame Walmart, I blame the fools who shop there. I especially get a kick out of all the American flags, yellow ribbons and conservative bumper stickers I see on the cars in the parking lot. Practically every purchase at Walmart is a donation to the Chinese Communist Gov't because of how China taxes exports. Every penny spent in Walmart is another vote to send jobs overseas and lower the quality of our goods. Walmart is just giving people what they are willing to consume - a lot of unhealthy processed food and worthless junk destined for a landfill. We are turning into a nation of poorly paid drones who have to shop a building with the charm of an airplane hanger while waiting in long lines to buy cheap hot dogs and plastic furniture. It's the choice We The People have made.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 08:00 pm
I might be showing my age here, but does anyone else remember when Walmart used to proudly proclaim that everything in their store was made in America?

I think that changed when Sam died and the kids took over.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 08:05 pm
@squinney,
I remember. They came in like Gangbusters, displacing K-Mart and many small businesses. "Made in America" rang like a clarion call. Then one day, my brother showed me his new rod and reel from there. "Made in China." I believe it was China. I almost called him an idiot before I read the label.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 08:10 pm
Walmart was actually called out on that campaign by at least one Attorney General and many consumer groups. Those banners never meant anything because Walmart never had a big Made in the USA inventory. Consumer groups started to complain it was deceptive and under public pressure they took the banners down. I remember some show like 20/20 or Dateline did an expose on it about a decade ago.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 08:13 pm
Correction: the banners said "Buy American".

http://www.pbs.org/itvs/storewars/stores3.html
0 Replies