@Setanta,
1. All kids fear monsters

2You should file that away and use it only in emergency situations
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 07:17 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You do have to call their bluff from time to time . . . i think you handled that just right.

Yes. He allowed Alex Martin his dignity, and at the same time quelled the uprising.
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2015 02:59 pm
@MMarciano,
Wonderful,

We are planning on a CA trip 4th of July weekend, can't wait to meet them Very Happy
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2015 07:59 pm
It will be a slow process but both kids will fit in, and into a daily routine in no time, something they’re not use to.

Everyone gets to pick a day and decide what we’re having for dinner, so tonight it was little Alex’s turn to choose. He wanted hot dogs and Mac & Cheese. So I made some homemade macaroni and cheese and put hot dogs on the grill.

He sat at the table and finished his dinner just as all of us did and he will do the same when it’s someone else’s turn to choose what's for dinner.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2015 08:05 pm
@MMarciano,
Good moves.

(not that I know, I never had three children, I'm just here to advise)
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2015 08:09 pm
Little Alex is scared to death of the dogs. He’s never been around dogs, now our Frank is over a hundred pounds but wouldn’t hurt a flea.

We’re slowing getting them acquainted. He’ll be cuddling up next to them in no time.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 06:52 pm
Your doing such a great job with these kids - I tip my (imaginary) hat to you!
It won't be always easy especially when the "honeymoon period" is over and they start to test you. Be firm and always disciplined and it will happen. I think, kids thrive most on a regular schedule, so they know ahead of time what's going to happen.

I know you have a social worker visit every month and talk to you and the kids. That can be a difficult time. My daughter always had nightmares right after the social worker came. It was the same social worker who brought her to my house, so once we switched to another social worker, things settled down more.

With Antonio being there, they'll adjust much faster, but be prepared for the "testing period" when they get a bit unruly. It's all part of them trying to find out if you love them no matter what. With that reassurance, they'll thrive!

izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 01:24 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Your doing such a great job with these kids - I tip my (imaginary) hat to you!

I'm going to go one better than you and tip my imaginary Easter Bonnet.

Happy Easter Everyone.
0 Replies

JanisSadan

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 03:54 pm
@jcboy,
Beautiful babies honey. Your mama would love them but you know that.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 07:28 pm
I stayed off line until the adoption was final, well it’s final now and these kids are here to stay. I never thought in a million years that I would have three kids. Shows you how much things change over the years. Well they’re ours now and we love them to death.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 07:31 pm
Congratulations. I know you two will be fine parents.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 07:31 pm
@jcboy,
Congratulations Dad!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 07:45 pm
@jcboy,
Yippie, wonderful news! I'm very happy for you all.

Have missed you, of course.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 11:07 pm
@jcboy,
What a great belated Christmas present for all of you! Congratulations! Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 11:14 pm
Mazel tov
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 11:20 pm
@jcboy,
I'm so happy for all 5 of you. Happy parenting, and have a wonderful New Year! And for God's sakes, post, we need positive reinforcement. Hey, what's better than very young children? Nada!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 12:20 am
So glad I tuned in tonight and read this. I'm so happy for you all.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 12:40 am
@jcboy,
Congratulations!!!
0 Replies

saab

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 01:38 am
Happened to see this and my warmest congratulations to your family.
Wonderful for all of you.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 05:35 am
@jcboy,
Mazel tov to you and your whole family. So heartwarming to hear about this news. May you all live happily ever after. I hope your whole family plus your dog...have a wonderful new year.
0 Replies