Eamonn Keane

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 04:42 pm
Quentin Gladstone
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 01:59 am
jasmine_mirage wrote:
Quote:

How my country is perceived internationally (rightly or wrongly) has nothing to do with 1) me and who I am and, 2) having a bit of fun. Sheesh, have a laugh and play, or choose not to post on this thread and save the racism red alert for something more important and world-changing than a benign, silly, computer generated name-changer.

I do SO agree!

Quote:
Two of my sons were also called Wilkinson - Quentin and Rufus - but one was Damian Wilson.

love those names, Clary, and also your quote. Reminds me of another quote....... "be curious........not furious"

But their actual names, Rustom, Bruno and Tamlin are so much more interesting!

I've got my knickers in a twist with all these quotes and unquotes so I'm just going to give up now!
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 11:48 am
I prefer your son's names, too, Clary.

Reverting back to the subject of Pubert, my names-book, which I check when looking to see the meanings of characters' names, does not include Pubert as a name at all; perhaps we can breath a sigh of relief and consider it a typographical error.

0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:13 pm
Well, I'm glad you didn't find it! I haven't even checked my names book. His real name is Berton - English enough, don't you think?! (Considering he's Dutch!)
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:18 pm
It is, yeah; well, I confess to never knowing a Berton, but it reminds me of a pleasant place, Burton-on-Trent; and, furthermore, if anyone were given the name of Pubert, I think that their legal fees in changing their name should be provided for for free, don't you?

0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 03:21 pm
Laughing Definitely! Burton or Berton - same name His is spelled the latter. (Bert is what he uses most 'officially'). I call him BJ or Beej (His middle name's John). He's named after a grandfather and an uncle. I used family names for my kids. My daughter, Lauren Grace's middle name is after my grandmother. My son, Cole Edward Kenneth's name is my mother's maiden name, my grandfather and my favoriter uncle.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 02:09 am
I love the way the Americans use so many family names; it results in things that seem bizarre to us like girls being called Stockard or Brooke or Yeardley. Cole is rather a cool name, and the surname of a footballer so may well get popular here. Apparently Wayne is still top name for baby boys in England - or maybe again top name - maybe because of Wayne Rooney, footballer.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 01:15 pm
How interesting! What ARE the most popular names in England these days. I'm curious.... My sister still hasn't had that baby! She's getting depressed. The poor thing. I talk to her every couple of days now. She has a doc's appointment tomorrow & said she's threaten her if she didn't get Genevieve Elizabeth the H*&^% out of there!

Another aside, Clary, I assume your son's Zoarastrian names are unusual even there? I like them! Individuality is the thing (without making them seem too weird - like celebreties!...) Courtney Cox named their daughter Coco. Michael Douglas & Catherine Zeta Jones have Carys (I think - though that one is at least interesting. Then there's Bruce Willis & Demi Moore's girls: Rumor, Scout and Tallulah.)
0 Replies

kev

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 01:23 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Rupert Pelham

HaHa first time you showed your I.D. to a cop Dys you'd be in the slammer Very Happy
0 Replies

zacksmom

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 05:09 pm
Charlotte Garside
this was what they gave me./ :-)
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 05:12 pm
Hey, I'm a Gladstone too. What's up with that? We should have a Gladstone Family reuinion. Anybody found the Family crest yet?
0 Replies

BaileyStapleton

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 06:29 pm
I'm Terrance Callaghan. Nice to meet you.

That's a nice name, really.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 03:53 am
zacksmom wrote:
Charlotte Garside
this was what they gave me./ :-)

Wow Charlotte, your family tree, cool Cool

http://junechatterton.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Lemons.htm
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 06:26 pm
I put Neville Wilkinson, and it told my the Very British Name is Neville Wilkinson.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 06:49 pm
Hey! How about this! According to this site my Very British name is Emma Watson! Nifty!

(I guess Hogwarts just forgot to send my letter)
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 07:09 pm
Cool! Nice to meet you, Emma! Amanda Cavendish here. Can I have your autograph?
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 07:10 pm
Why certainly, how fortuneate you should happen by.
0 Replies

Scarlettmarsden

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 11:28 pm
Ahem, there seem to be two Charlotte Garside's? I say, we must sort out this awful mystery for I demand to know who I am! *sucks hautily on cigar while tinkling toothpick around martini glass, looking fondly into the open fire*
0 Replies

Bodhisattvawannabe

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 09:49 am
Charlotte Cavendish, hyah! Very Happy
0 Replies