What is your British name?

devriesj

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 01:33 pm
Amanda Cavendish here - what do you think? I'm 'catching an accent' already! Oh, my - 30 minutes to tea time from where I sit. Cheerio!
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 09:05 pm
I'm now Terrance Chamberlain.

Does this mean that Cinnesthesia and I are somehow related?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 10:42 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Ellie Wilkinson- Nah, that's not me. Ellie Wilkinson is a tall skinny librarian who pulls her hair back, and ties it at the nape of her neck with a rubber band. She also wears large glasses, and comfortable shoes. Not me, no siree! :wink:

Charlotte Wilkinson - obviously the pretty younger sister, with unruly brown curls and sparkling eyes, just rushing in from exercising the polo pony and having a quickie with the groom
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 01:39 pm
Chamberlain was the last name it gave me, too. I think this thing's a little limited...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 01:43 pm
Clarence Chamberlain

(What's up with all the Chamberlains? And I'm not too keen on Clarence...)
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 02:06 pm
What a racist crap website.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 02:10 pm
Two of my sons were also called Wilkinson - Quentin and Rufus - but one was Damian Wilson.

EXTREMELY limited and, yes, crap. Racist ..? I don't think so, just silly.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 02:22 pm
hey, I'm Clarence Wilkinson Smile Clary, maybe we are related.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 02:29 pm
Sure to be!!! Clarence, indeed, does any Brit in this forum know ANYONE called Clarence? And yet my name, Clare, is not given... ridiculous. G'night brother Clarence
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 03:48 pm
I've never known anyone called Clarence, let alone a Brit. Did that name not go out of fashion in 1762?

0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 04:03 pm
I know a Clare, and there is a Clarence on the United States Supreme Court, and another that used to play professional basketball.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 04:42 pm
Really? Fascinating! I have a great uncle Clarence, but haven't heard of anyone in the last couple of generations named that. BTW I 'British-ed' my hubby's name & got "Pubert" PUBERT??! Is THAT really a British name? Sounds kind of kinky or perverted or something!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 04:46 pm
!!! Pubert is just taking things too far. I have never heard of that name. It sounds like the combination of 'puberty' and 'Humbert Humbert' from Lolita!!

0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 04:47 pm
Camilla Parker Bowles
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 05:18 pm
Are you serious, Gala?! Or are you just pulling our collective leg(s)?!

Drom-, So you don't know any 'Puberts'? That's a relief! What ARE they thinking!?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 05:27 pm
They must mean Rupert
Or Hubert
Not Pubert
Not Schubert
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 05:45 pm
That, I can see, but Pubert is what it said! Ugh!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 05:29 am
Just shows what a silly website it is! Honestly, some people have even less to do with their time than we do!!
0 Replies

jasmine mirage

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 09:33 pm
Quote:
What a racist crap website.

hmmm - racist? Goofy, satirical nonsense... I'll give you. Puuullleazze, Steve (as 41oo), if someone thinks that "all Canadians" (such as myself), are sweet, snow-loving-French-speaking-hicks-who-hug- moose, I'd call that point of view more stereotypical than racist - and I certainly don't take those perceptions personally. This site is no more "racist" than Monty Python's hilarious skit about Canadian lumberjacks!

How my country is perceived internationally (rightly or wrongly) has nothing to do with 1) me and who I am and, 2) having a bit of fun. Sheesh, have a laugh and play, or choose not to post on this thread and save the racism red alert for something more important and world-changing than a benign, silly, computer generated name-changer.

...........btw, the "Rum & Monkey" website was developed by four university students......... from the UK.

Quote:
Two of my sons were also called Wilkinson - Quentin and Rufus - but one was Damian Wilson.

love those names, Clary, and also your quote. Reminds me of another quote....... "be curious........not furious"
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 05:22 am
Clarence Walpole

Given that my name is VERY British anyway, it's weird to be given the name Clarence! Lots of Prime Ministers' names (Walpole, Chamberlain, Salisbury, Gladstone) in the programme!

KP
0 Replies