Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 11:17 pm
Is there anybody here to have a enough knowledge and have experience with the Move 2D kinematic modeling software?
This is a structural geology software that use for drawing cross section.
I want to know, for work and have a good output, should I have a drilling or seismic data from the study area? or can I work and have a acceptable cross section with having a strike, dip and the approximate thickness of layers?
due to for my study area I can not to provide the drilling and seismic data but I need to draw a cross section from the area.
I would be happy and it is my pleasure to someone help me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 661 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2015 12:41 am
@maryamtaslimi,
Not me, but I tagged it as "Geology", which might draw in someone who knows.
maryamtaslimi

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 12:52 pm
@roger,
thanks a lot my friend.
0 Replies

uNKsD1MDEqVQj8M6nf0M

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 03:31 pm
@maryamtaslimi,
That is some cool looking software! I do not have specific experience with it. They do offer a smart phone app that seems to take strike, dip, and GPS measurements. I assume those measurement are directly imported into the software. The accuracy of your model will be severely limited without complimentary seismic and borehole data. That being said, a reasonable model, for academic purposes at least, should be possible to construct from detailed strike and dip data with accurate GPS locations and reasonable stratigraphic unit identification. Good luck!
maryamtaslimi

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 12:54 pm
@uNKsD1MDEqVQj8M6nf0M,
thanks for your reply my friend. you mean i can provide reasonable balanced cross section with detailed strike and dip data with accurate GPS locations?
0 Replies