Question about Facebook Pages/Groups.

Tarra85

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 12:49 pm
I am wanting to create a page/group on Facebook which is celebrity related. But I'm unsure which of the 2 would be the best format to go with, a page or a group. I have asked a few friends but they haven't really been any help. I'm used to doing Yahoo groups but I think maybe Facebook would be the better platform now, and I want whichever I do to be successful, and when making a celebrity page or group I'm unsure which I would have a more successful time doing. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I have no clue which way to go. If you don't know an opinion would help too. Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,297 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 03:37 pm
@Tarra85,

both?
Tarra85

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 04:13 pm
@Region Philbis,
Well I don't really want 2, cause some of the people I know wouldn't join both since it would basically have the same content.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 04:22 pm
@Tarra85,

if you want other people to contribute, then a page would make more sense.

of course, that would also means removing off-topic posts, blocking spammers, and other administrative tasks.

a page would be easier to control because you would provide all the content.

you would only have to monitor comments...
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 04:49 pm
@Tarra85,
You should be warned Tarra that Facebook has some terrible software. I have spent what seems like hours trying to re-register in Facebook, finally no success, gave up
jespah

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 05:44 pm
@Tarra85,
A page will give you more control but you will be doing more of the work. A group will allow others to post which means you will need to police it. Groups can also be private or secret. Groups tend to have better reach and engagement because people sharing their own stuff to the group will generate an entry in others' news feeds.
Tarra85

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 02:01 am
@dalehileman,
What do you mean they have some terrible software? Like the app?
dalehileman

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 11:27 am
@Tarra85,
Quote:
Like the app?
At least their registering app
Tarra85

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 06:29 pm
@dalehileman,
Well I'm already a member there so I don't think I will have that issue.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 09:49 am
@Tarra85,
Wonder Tarra if you'd plead on my behalf, as I can't even find their "contact us"

My problem is that I'm presently registered but for some reason can't participate and can't re-register'cause I've forgotten my new password
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 09:56 am
@dalehileman,
Don't bother Tarra about this, Dale.

Please ask advice from Jespah.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 10:00 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

A page will give you more control but you will be doing more of the work. A group will allow others to post which means you will need to police it. Groups can also be private or secret. Groups tend to have better reach and engagement because people sharing their own stuff to the group will generate an entry in others' news feeds.

word
dalehileman

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 10:15 am
@ehBeth,
Thank you Beth but still don't know how to proceed
0 Replies