If everyone is non-violent, will Hitler types take over?

Col Man

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 11:25 pm
the magic of love
yeah word up Exclamation thx for the compliment Smile its always good to be appreciated Very Happy
and indeed.... defense is not offense eh Wink

and i think love makes love and hate makes hate
life is self forfilling....reap what you sow etc...
in the past when i got involved with trying to sort out hate n division i became sucked into it myself and found myself in it too Sad
(i remember now a quote from the film big fish a recent film by tim burton (which i recommend you see) which says 'evil people arent really evil they are just socially excluded and poorly socially trained' ie feel left out and rejected or words to that effect)
nowadays i try to concentrate on being love (ie being in harmony and empathic and kind of sympathetic to those around me who are love too) and im finding more and more im meeting happy beings of love and light as opposed to the negative beings i was once surrounded by Smile
and i have found when someone attacks me either verbally or physically(i do tai chi) that if i dont attack back but defend and then use everything i have to get through to that other person with love i mostly end up with a friend than an enemy Very Happy
this world of personalities is like a minefield....Shocked its so easy to offend people Shocked the buddhist saying those who speak dont know and those who know dont speak may be appropriate here Wink
my opinion is this:
i dont truly think anyone does want to be violent and full of anger and hate Exclamation i think that they are this way cos they cant find anything else better to be at the moment and if they (thats everyone even the fundamentalists) could find a way to be love they would be :wink:
ok enough..... im not an author and i dont want to write a book here
im off to the next topic to stick my moneys worth in there too Very Happy
peace and love y'all
byeeeeeeeeeeeee
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 12:02 am
Yes. The meek make the best slaves.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 01:24 am
hahaha yes well theyll inherit the earth too Razz
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 01:40 am
each to their own Smile
peace and love y'all Very Happy
byeeeeeeeeee
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 12:06 pm
Well, I was thinking of something like this:

Some hippie is sitting in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, tripping lying in the grass, watching the clouds, thinking "All you need is Love."

Or maybe the hippie is in Baghdad. Then the tanks roll in.

Is it true that all you need is love?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 12:13 pm
Hippies...oh man, what decade are you living in? Let me tell you something. If it wasn't for the hippie peaceniks, the Vietnam War probably would not have become the first war in American history to be publically broadcast on television, changing the way America saw war, with all the atrocities in plain view. As for Iraq, America has gone backwards here. Truth is a rare commodity these days. This is the most secretive, corrupt government the world has seen in a long time. All you need is love? Nope, just a conscience and the will to change things.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 12:51 pm
respect to you cavfancier Smile
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 01:00 pm
fbaezer said it right IMO. non violence doesn't equal pacifism.

One of the things that divides the "left" from the "right" is the loudly expressed opinion that if you are anti war...you are a helpless pussy and somehow less of a person. So wrong, so short sighted, so ignorant.

It does not take any courage, strength or toughness to knock someone down.... that's easy...the really tough people are the ones that can take it and still keep getting up without being dissuaded from their principles.

That is why we have so much trouble defeating enemies such as the ones we now face......we can easily knock them down with tanks, but they will get right up undeterred and fight back with rocks.....these are not the type of people it is prudent or smart to pick a fight with......not that I admire terrorists I don't...........
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 01:04 pm
Col Man wrote:
respect to you cavfancier Smile

I have my moments when not involved with toilet humour.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 05:53 pm
BP, you bring up another point; just the word "anti-war" itself is misconstrued. I think many of us considered anti-war hate war and would prefer to have none, yet we realize that on rare occasions, it may be necessary when all other options are exhausted. That's NOT anti-war, that's common sense, I think.
I am certainly a pacifist, but I also know that it's not always gonna work out if we're not willing to fight.
0 Replies