AFRICA;MAN'S CRADLE

Badboy

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 08:10 am
I understand that the Vesikela Khung! who live in the Caprive Strip have the oldest Male lines of any human population group in the world.

Has anyone ever thought of doing a Evolution National Park?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,190 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 11:42 pm
Badboy, It's my understanding that the earliest known species of homo habilis is some 2.2 million years old. I've not heard of "Vesikela Khung" before, so it would be helpful if you could provide a short summary of him. I've visited Olduvai Gorge in Tanzania in 2001, and visited the small museum on the site where Mary Leakey did her anthropoligical works, and got to know a little about her background. Having visited Egypt twice, and learning some history of that country, anthropology have become a minor interest for me. (Travel being my first and primary interest - followed by photography.) I've also visited some ancient sites such as Troy, Ephesus, Athens, Istanbul, Delphi, Petra, Rome, and Knossos.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:06 am
Africa;MAN'S Cradle
The Vesikela Khung! is not a person,rather a Khoisan tribe that lives in the Caprivi Strip in Namibia
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:16 am
From whatever information I have on anthropology, most of the homo findings have occured in East Africa. I wasn't aware of Vesikela Khung until now. I visited the Caprivi Strip in Namibia in 2002 at a safari camp called Lianshulu. The camp staff did not make mention of Vesikela Khung on our visit there.
0 Replies